Ch.14 - The Marking

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"ANYTHING INTERESTING?"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Harry gently let Alice down, the cold night air soothing on his throbbing nose and Alice's head.

"Who did it?" asked Tonks, handing him back the invisability cloak.

"Draco Malfoy" Harry said bitterly. "Thanks for.....Well..."

"No problem" said Tonks without smiling. From what Harry coulf see in the darkness, she was miserable looking. "I can fix your nose, if you stand still"

Harry didn't think much of the idea; he had intending to visit Madam Pomfrey, the matron, in whom he had a little more confidence when it came to Healing spells, but it seemed rude to say this, so he agreed.

"Episkey" said Tonks.

Harry's nose felt very hot and then very cold and he raised his hand and felt it gingerly. It seemed to be mended.

"Thanks!"

"You'd better put that cloak on, and we can walk up to the school"

As Harry swung the cloak around him; An immense silvery four-legged creature erupted from her wand and streaked off into the darkness.

Alice had no idea what they were and stood behind Tonks, watching as the silvery glow was engulfed by the darkness.

"Its alright Alice" said Harry, but Alice didn't know where the voice was coming from, considering the fact that he was invisible. "Its only a patronus"

"I'm just sending word to the school that we've got you. They'll worry otherwise" Tonks said, walking on.

"How did you find me?" asked Harry.

"I noticed you didn't come off the train, and I knew you had the cloak. I thought you might be hiding, so I decided to check the compartments just in case"

They trudged up the dark, deserted lane, following the freshly made carriage tracks. Alice looked sideways at Tonks. She recognised her from the ministry. Last year she seemed much more fun, now she was serious. Was it an effect of what happened?

Alice never realised how far Hogwarts was from Hogsmead Station, so she was happy when she finally saw the tall gates of the school.
She was cold and she could feel a cough stuck in her throat.

A lantern was bobbing at the distant foot of the castle. Alice was so pleased to see it, she felt that it didn't matter if Draco was going to murder her tonight. It wasn't until the glowing light was ten feet away from them, and Harry had pulled off his invisability cloak, that he recognised the figure with pure loathing, the split hooked nose and the long, black greasy hair of Severus Snape.