Ch.20 - Stars

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

'HENRY'

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

After Alice had calmed down fully and she was sure the rest had gone to bed, she headed down to the common room and jumped onto the windowsill to look at the stars.

They were so peaceful and they never left each other, they were always there for each other.

Back at the circus, Alice drew two stars, a big one and a smaller one.
The smaller one representing her and the bigger one representing her brother.
She always kept it with her, she always had stuck in the strap of her watch so she never lost it.
It reminded her that he's still out there, maybe not near and maybe not far, but he is there, always watching and thinking about her.

After watching for a very long time, an owl flew by and tapped on the window.
It gave Alice such a fright, she fell of the windowsill with a squeak and banged her head.
Never the less, she opened the window, and let the owl in.

It had a small note attached to his leg, and it was addressed to her.

Curious, she opened, knowing well she wouldn't be able to read the contents.
But there was no writing.
There was only pictures.

There was a stick boy with shaggy hair and radiant smile.
Beside him was a grave and it had a big x through it.
And right at the bottom was Henry.

Alice could've shouted and screamed in joy.
Henry was alive and that's all she needed to hear.

She folded it neatly and put it in her watch along with her drawing of the two stars.

She noticed that the owl was still there and she assumed he was waiting for a reply.

She grabbed some parchment and a quill and drew a stick person resembling her and giant heart next to it.
Now was the hard part.
Writing her name and making it readable.
And surprisingly, it didn't take that long.
Within five minutes, the owl was on his way again.

And all Alice could do was hope that it was Henry and not someone else.