Ch.16 - Snape

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"WHATS HER PROBLEM?"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Alice hasn't heard from Henry all night.
She now knew that it wasn't choice to ignore her, it was pure anger.

He didn't want her getting into anymore trouble, but she didn't listen and would face the effects sooner or later.

She watched the sun rise the following morning, her knees tight to her chest up on her usual windowsill.

She missed her window spot.
It was nearly like being home again.

She had searched the dorms that night, hoping to find her trunk, but she didn't find it.

She decided to ask McGonagall the following morning, but the idea was flattened by her lack of courage.

As soon as she heard the excited footsteps of the students of Gryffindor house, Alice took that as a sign that meant get the hell out of there.

She knew that she was going to have to forget about what happened at the Ministry, but not in a bad way.
She needed to move on and except the fact that things turn out bad sometimes.

Harry lost his only family that night, but he's fine now, there's not a bother on him.
Alice needed to let go, and focus on the problems that lie ahead for today, like getting some clothes.

She headed out into the deserted corridors, to figure something else - even more important that finding clean clothes.

"I've forgotten the bloody password!" she mumbled angrily, but she kept going towards the Great Hall, hoping to find some teacher who was willing to help her.

But Alice is Alice.
And Alice's life sucks, so the only professor around was Snape.

"Ms. Malfoy, I have already scolded you about your muggle attire, what is the meaning of this?"

Alice knew she couldn't cry.
It would just make things worse, but it could also cause her pain.

"Ive already explained, professor" she said, wringing her hands. "I don't own any"

"And why not?"

"I left it at Hogwarts over the summer, and that was all I had"

Snape looked at her, considering her answer.
For a moment, Alice thought she might have a chance, a chance to get off the hook, but it was foolish even to think about it.

"I think some detention might sort you out" he sneered, glaring at her. "Six o'clock, my office. And to warn you, it will be lines"

Alice was stunned.
She didn't say anything as Snape walked off, his cloak blowing behind him.
His footsteps echoing in the empty hall.