Ch.7 - Obliviate

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"BUT PAPA DIDNT-"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

It was a follow-up from her parents murder.

After Alice heard the screams, and jumped out of bed without hesitation.

"Momma? Why are you sleeping?" she asked innocently. "Papa, you need to wake up and kiss me goodnight!"

She shook them slightly, telling them they had to wake up.
Henry watched it from the top of the stairs, and tears filled his tired eyes.

"Momma, tell Papa to wake up!" she said, still shaking them. "He needs to finish helping Henry!"

"Alice, they're not going to wake up" said Henry, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"But papa didn't-"

"It doesn't matter now" he said simply. "They're gone"

"Don't be silly Henry, they're still here" said Alice, still waiting for their parents to wake up.

"Alice, mum and dad are dead"

She looked at him if he just told her Santa Claus was a bunny.
She didn't believe him.
He was lying.

Nevertheless, tears still came to her eyes as she looked at the bodies of her parents.

Her father's eyes were still full of life.
Still the same soft dark brown Alice had inherited from.

Her mother.
Her dark brown hair still in the same messy bun, and her peak necklace still around her neck.

"They....they can't be dead" she wimpered as Henry wrapped a gentle arm around her, lending her a shoulder to cry on.
And she cried.
She cried so hard.
And Henry did too.

After they both pulled themselves together, Henry placed two hands on Alice's shoulder and  looked at her with a serious expression.

"I need to do something" he said, removing one hand and picking up his second hand wand. "But I promise it won't hurt"