Ch.26 - The Return

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"DONT BLAME ME IF
WE DIE!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Hurry up mudblood" scolded Draco, seizing her upper arm.
Alice turned back and smiled weakly at her friends, who were soon smothered by Mrs. Weasleys great hugs.

Alice would kill for one.

"I thought Alice was staying" Mrs. Weasley said, watching as Draco let go of her arm, smiling and joking, making it seem like he was her brother.

"We did too" replied Ginny.

Alice quickened her pace to keep up with Draco's long strides, pulling up her hood, hiding her face.

Draco noticed, he noticed too quickly for her liking and he pulled it down roughly, once again exposing her pale, thin face and her long black hair.

"We are family, do you understand?" he hissed angrily.

"I'm not stupid Draco" she mumbled, staring at the ground.

"Don't call me that!"

"I thought we were family" she stated angrily, which earned her an angry glare.
She knew now that it was no longer safe to  speak without permission.
She didn't have anyone to help her.

She knew that once she returned back to the Manor, there was a chance that she wouldn't come back.
There was a chance that she would would die just like Henry.

Draco looked down at her, her hands shaking. His face still wore a scowl, but she could almost see the slightest bit of pity.
But slight wasn't enough, whatever Voldemort had planned for him that would be the last thing he'd feel. Guilt or pity, especially for a girl who was weaker than a new-born lamb and was wanted by the Dark Lord.

"Will you hurry up!"

"Sorry Mr. Malfoy" she said, quickening her pace.
She followed him over to a small bench, away from everyone else.
Alice didn't know what they were waiting for, but she didn't really want to know.

Exactly three minutes later Narissa Malfoy - Draco's mother - appeared through the barrier. The woman walked gracefully towards the pair, a look of disgust painted on her face, her lips curled downwards.

Her cold eyes found Alice and they were penetrating and unforgiving. Her dark locks were pulled back into a bun, though her hair was so thin that the bun was almost non-existent.

It was then that all the good times evaporated from Alice. All the laughter, gone. Every smile, vanquished. Every joyous memory forgotten.
She was going back, and nothing was going to stop that.