Ch.28 - Brave

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"YOU BASTARD!

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

I've done part of this my own way so it's easier to write and makes MUCH more sense!

"What's wrong with you?" asked Draco in disgust, as Alice stared into space. "Oi! I'm talking to you!"

Alice wasn't listening.
She hadn't slept all night, her mind wouldn't shut off, so many things running through her mind.

Rue was dead.
Draco was a death eater.

Alice's life never got easier, it only got harder.
Everything was crumbling down, and getting more confusing by the day.

"Mudblood, I'm talking to you!" he spat, grabbing a chunk of her hair, forcing her to look at his face, filled with disgust.

"Don't call me that!" she hissed, pushing him away.
She couldn't care less, she wanted to let him know just how mad she was.
He was treating her like dirt, and she wasn't putting up with it any longer. "I'm not a mudblood!"

"Oh stop with the petty lies!" he said angrily. "Everyone knows! It's so obvious! You are a mudblood, and don't try and deny it!"

"IM NOT A MUDBLOOD!" she shouted.

Draco was fuming, why wasn't she learning? Why didn't she realise that what she was, was a sin?
He couldn't take it any longer, she was supposed to be pathetic, weak, easy to keep, but she was the complete opposite.
She was fighting back, something she wasn't supposed to do, if Voldemort found out, he and his family were dead meat.

"Drop it mudblood" he said dismissively. "Yaxley wants to speak with you about something important"

Alice wasn't scared, she didn't care anymore.
Just yesterday she was scared out of her wits, but today something had changed, she felt braver and no one was going to take that feeling away.

Alice followed Draco down the creaky stairs, no longer afraid of what was to come.
Even if he tortured her, she would stand their strong, not giving him the satisfaction of screaming.
She would think about the good things, if she died, at least she would see Henry.

The silence was no longer frightening, the dim lighting was no longer eerie.
This place became a home, it wasn't a great one, but when you've got a bed and the occasional meal, it was enough.
It was enough for Alice.

"Ah Alice" sighed Yaxely, his wrinkled hand resting upon his cane, his posture perfect, trying to make himself seem more intimidating, but it wasn't working, this time, Alice couldn't care less. "Good rest?"