Ch.22 - The Execution

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"BET YOU CAN'T TURN
IT BACK!?"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

The events that lay before Henry never felt so real.
They were upon him.
He just had to wait for the call, and he was gone.
Gone beyond gone.
He would be dead in minutes, he had an hour left if he was lucky.

"Lets go" said the guard roughly, pulling Henry to his feet.
He was shaking from head to toe.
He didn't get scared easily, he was always the optimistic one, but now, there was no bright side.
Only death.

She brought Henry outside.
A place he had only seen through a window for the last seven years.
A place he thought he'd never see again.

He looked up.
The night sky covered in glistening stars, the moon as full as ever.
He only wished that he could enjoy one night with his sister.
Just one night.

Noticing how far they had walked, Henry's heart rate quickened and he began to panic.

He a took a deep, full breath and when he relaxed his eyes caught on something.
A dark shadow of a shape a few hundred metres in front of them, but not directly in the path of their walk.

It looked like a building, a few minutes walk at the most.

Only one thought came to his mind.

I'm going to be murdered in a run down building. A bloody, shitting, useless building.
Not Voldemorts palace, a building.
A boring bloody building.

Then, stepping from behind the building up ahead, the figure of a girl appeared, long hair, flowing from her shadowed head like brown silk.

Henry couldn't help it.
His first instinct was deny all hope that it was her, that's the last thing he wanted.

Once the girl had stepped out from behind the building, or more likely from inside the building, she just stood there. Despite being obscured completely by shadow, something about her stance made it obvious that she was facing them, staring at them with her hands folded.

The guard pushed him forward once more, stepping backwards.

"This is where I leave you kid" she said, almost kindly. "Dont try any funny business, it all ends the same way"

Henry only managed to nod.
His mouth was dry and fear was pumping around his body.

Great. I bet she's got an army of psycho girl ninjas hiding in that shed.