Ch.32 - The Job

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"OR...."

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Mudblood"

"Miss Vane"

Romilda suddenly had Alice pinned to the wall by two arms, which both eyes filled with hatred and disgust.

"You lied to everyone" said Romilda. "You're not  a Malfoy and you're not Draco's sister, so who are you?"

"Why is this any of your business?" Alice asked, not in the mood for any of it.
Romilda's grip got tighter and Alice winced as pain shot up her arm.

"You will tell me"

"I'm Alice Adair" she replied. "A nobody"

Romilda laughed.
Not in amusement in disgust.

"An Adair?"

"You need hearing aids?"

"Your grandfather killed my grandfather!" she cried. "You're from a family of murders"

Alice was stunned.
She didn't even know her grandfather.
She thought he was dead, she didn't know she had one, let alone know he was a murderer.

"I always knew there was something up about you, something that you weren't telling us, but now I know, and soon the whole school will!"

No no NO!
The school couldn't know.
They hated her enough.

Don't tell them! She wanted to scream, but she couldn't find her voice.

"Please...." her voice felt forgein.

"Your grandfather was never put in prison after what he did!" Romilda yelled. "He didn't pay, so you have to!"

She held up her wand and aimed it between Alice's eyes.
She wasn't scared anymore.
Her grandfather deserved it.

She will take the blame for her grandfather.

"Or...." She said, placing the wand back into her pocket.
Alice relaxed as Romilda let her go. "You could help me with a few things"

"What kind of things?" she asked.

"Oh you know" Romilda said. "Potions homework, delivering letters. No big deal" Her smile told Alice a different story.

How am I supposed to choose?

"Right" said Alice. "What first?"

"I want you to deliver a letter for me" Romilda smirked, a hand on her hip, the other holding a sealed envelope. "Bring it to Daniel Smith. Don't open it!"

"I won't Ms. Vane" Alice replied, taking the letter.

One letter turned into four and four turned into twenty before Alice even knew it.
She didn't know what they said, if only she did, things would've been different.

If she only knew what she was getting herself into.

-------------------------------------

Again, I'm sorry for the short chapter but it's crucial for the following chapters!!
Hope you're enjoying it, not much more for the Half-Blood prince😁😁