Ch.13 - Draco

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"I'LL DO IT!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Alice spent the next week, avoiding everyone, trying to figure out if Lupin was really telling the truth.

I mean, would Rue really have the guts to kill her best friend? Would she betray him?
As much as Alice thought about it, the more complicatated it seemed to get.

"Alice, lunch is ready" said Hermione, knocking lightly on her door.

"I think you know my answer by now" Alice replied, and Hermione walked off knowing Alice was never going to come down.

She sat in front of the window, swinging her legs.
She still hadn't heard from Henry since, and Lupin had come back with no further news.
But Alice was positive that Rue would never kill anybody, and especially not Henry.

"Goodnight Alice" called Ms. Weasley, pulling the door half shut, and she listened to her footsteps descend down the creaky stairs.

Tonight was one of the first nights Alice could see the stars.
There wasn't one cloud in the sky, not one drop of rain.

She hopped off the bed with a light thump, heading towards the window, a small smile creeping along her face.

She stared and she stared and she stared, all night long.
Her hope bubble had formed again, this time, bigger and more sturdier then ever.

Henry? I just want to let you know that the stars are bright tonight. I know you're still mad at me, but if you can see them, just watch the stars.
They're beautiful.

Suddenly, her eyes focused on the Apple tree she hid in just a week before, as she saw an odd shadow.

Her heart thumping in her chest, she looked closer and harder as the shadow grew, revealing a masked man or woman.

She hid behind the curtain, knowing he or she couldn't see her, but she could see them.

But they saw her.
She/he looked at her, and dragged his/her index finger across their neck and then pointed to her.

Her chest rose and fell with short, shallow breaths and as her lungs failed to gather the much needed oxygen, she began to panic.

"Help me!" she cried, her voice breaking as the tears fell and she watched the figure disappear into darkness.

Bill was brushing his teeth when he heard the odd cries coming from the end of the hallway.

As he headed closer to the door, he realised it was Alice's and was hesitant before walking any further.
But then he heard this, and it changed her mind completely.