Ch.29 - Home

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"YOU'RE SO
ANNOYING!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

When Alice woke up, she knew where she was. She didn't have to think twice.
It was clear she was in the Hogwarts Hospital Wing.

"How are you feeling?"

Alice nearly jumped out of her skin.
She turned to her right, and looked James right in the eyes.

Her voice came like an echo, as if it was forgein "I'm alright"

James scoffed. "Yeah right. I can't believe you're still telling lies Alice!"

The young man beside her wasn't the same.
He was tired and looked almost ashamed.

James let out a long breath, leaning his head against the back of his chair.

"Lashes"

Everything went quiet as he spoke.

"Burns"

His voice was heavier.
His voice quieter.

"Bruises"

His cheeks turned pink from the weight of the words he was saying.

He started crying.
But Alice didn't see.

She didn't want to.

She could only hear him when he planted his wet face in his palms and shakily whispered. "Bloody hell"

Alice tried to pretend that it wasn't her fault, but everything came back to her. That everything she did was selfish.

That everything she did hurt everyone.

"I'm such an idiot!" he cried. "The look in his eyes, I knew something was bound to happen! And didn't even try-"

"James" she said desperatly.
How could he think it was his fault?
He looked tired. He must've been there a while, waiting for her to wake. She couldn't handle his thoughts.

"I don't understand why?" James was trying to collect himself. "Why do they want you? You are a Maledictus, not Harry Potter!"

Then the silence came again.
Nothing moved.

"I'm sorry Alice" he whispered.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" she said, her voice getting louder.

"If I'd punched Malfoy-"

"If I did what I was told, it would've ended everything"

"Yeah, well news flash Alice!" said James was angry now. "If you did that, you'd be dead! Why Alice, why do you put up with it!?"