Ch.25 - Two Invitations

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"IS WHAT YOU TOLD LUPIN
TRUE?"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Snow was swirling against the icy windows once more; Christmas was approaching fast. Hagrid had already single-handedly delivered the usual twelve Christmas trees for the Great Hall.

Garlands of holly and tinsel had been twisted around the banisters of the stairs and everlasting candles had been placed inside the helmets of the suits of armour.

Mistletoe had been hung at intervals along the corridors.
Large groups of girls tended to coverage underneath the mistletoe bunches every time Harry walked past which caused major blockages.

Ron had changed. His mood was easier to tolerate.
But this came at a heavy price.

Firstly, they had to put up with the frequent presence of Lavender Brown, who seemed to regard any moment that she was not kissing Ron as a moment wasted.

And secondly, Alice and Harry found themselves, best friends of two people who would likely never speak to each other again.

"Alice, this came this morning at breakfast" said Ginny handing her a letter, noticing Alice's beam quickly turn into sudden fear.

The writing wasn't James's.
It wasn't Rue's.
And it defiantly wasn't Henry's.

That only left two people.
David or Luicus.
The two people she feared.

"You alright Alice, I'll take it back if you don't want it?" asked Ginny worridly.

"No, I'll take it" she replied nervously. "Its just, no one really writes to me, so it's mostly surprise"

"All right then"

Ginny handed her the letter and Alice stared at it before opening it.
She didn't know what to expect, she almost ripped it up.
But she didn't.

Putting on a brave face, she ripped it open and took out the letter.

Dear Alice,

How you been? Haven't seen you in a while!
Mum and I were wondering if you wanted to stay with us for Christmas? It's fine if you don't, just an idea!

From Bill

It was one of the best surprises she had received in a while.
She had been invited to stay with the Weasleys for Christmas, what more could she want?

Other than her brother and a pair of shoes, not much really.

She was over the moon, but she couldn't help but feel uneasy.
She knew it wasn't this easy. It wasn't as easy as saying yes.
She knew that Draco would intervene at some point, whether it was before or after her visit to the Burrow.