Ch.23 - Lupin

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"LOOK WHATS
INSIDE"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Any news on the girl?" droned Voldemorts voice as he peered down the long table, death eaters filled each side. "Did she run?"

He let out a cold laugh.

Henry's body hadn't been discovered.
Rue was missing, and everyone was afraid of what would happen if they spoke up about her murder.

"Well, I'm waiting. Bellatrix, you must have something"

She sat up straighter in her seat, her lips curling into the awful, evil smile she wore.

"Boys gone. Girl dead" she said quickly, glancing around. "Boy killed girl"

Everything was still and quiet, Voldemort fuming, as the closest Death Eaters shuffled slightly away from him.

"Find the boy"

~*~

As soon as she heard the first, early-birds, Alice rushed out of the common room and down to the Great Hall.

She brought her DADA book and read over the spells she needed to know for today's class.

But she knew however hard she tried, Snape would still figure out a reason to embarrass her and give her extra homework.

As the students filled the four house tables, Alice noticed how fast the toast was disappearing and immediately thought of Ron.

So, she took three slices and placed them on her plate, nobody noticing what she did.
Now she just hoped Ron wanted toast.

She felt a low grumble from her stomach, and suddenly felt hungrier than she had felt in years.
For once, she actually felt like eating, but the one time that happens, she can't eat.
She ignored it, taking a glass of water instead.

"Mornin' Alice" said Ron sleepily, yawning
He scanned across the table filled with platters of delicious food as far as the eye could see, taking anything that took his fancy and placed it on his plate.

"Sure you got enough there?" asked Ginny, sniggering at her own comment. Ron's plate was full, but there was one thing missing.

"Hey, where's the toast?" he asked, glancing around frantically.

"It's toast Ron" laughed Harry, putting down the Prince's potion book. "You can get some tomorrow"

"But I want toast today" he whined, making everyone laugh harder.
Alice could've just given Ron the toast then and there, but she wanted to see how this would play out.