Ch.6 - Hermione

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"IF I'M CRAZY"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

The outbreak of applause brought her back to reality as hundreds of platters of food appeared out of thin air.
It all looked delicious, but Alice wasn't hungry, she was gutted and felt as if she would thrown up any minute.

Knowing she wasn't allowed to leave, she stayed at the table on her own, not looking at anyone, but everyone was looking at her, she could feel it.

"You need to eat something" said Harry, placing some potatoes on her plate, but she quickly pushed it away.
Harry sighed before heading back to his friends.

After a while, Dolores Umbridge made a huge speech about something or other.
Something about the Ministry interfering with Hogwarts, but Alice wasn't really listening.

Soon enough the feast was over, and Alice was one of the first to leave, but still stuck to the back of the crowd.

She hadn't seen Draco since the sorting, but he was probably writing home to tell Lucius what house she got sorted into.

Once in the busy common room, she found a tight corner, and sat there looking at all the people happy as could be, while she was crying in the corner.

Soon enough everyone had said goodnight and she was one of the only ones left.

It was just her and another girl with brown bushy hair beside the fire, seemingly knitting.
Alice thought they looked like little mice, but they were really gloves.

The blood from her cut, was now dry, and Alice had no way of cleaning it.
Unless she wanted to head up to the dormitories, but she really didn't want to do that.

Still teary eyed, she sniffed and the bushy haired girl turned around, obviously not realising that someone else was there.

"Is someone else there?" she asked, and Alice being Alice, jumped out of her hiding spot.

"I'm so sorry, so sorry!" She exclaimed as she hurried over to the dorm door, but banged her knee in the process.

The girl wandered over, leaving her knitting for the time being.

"Are you alright?" she asked, helping her over beside the fire. "I'm Hermione Granger"

"N-Nice to meet you" she said almost in a whisper.

"What's your name?" Hermione asked.

"Alice. Alice M-Malf-foy" she stuttered, still not really able to become okay with her new identity.

Hermione grabbed a tissue and wet it with her wand.

"This might hurt a bit, but we must clean that cut" she said kindly as she dabbed the tissue on Alice's cut while she winced. "There, all finished"

Alice quietly thanked her, before standing up to leave.
She felt as though she was a burden if she stuck around, but on the other hand, she didn't want to leave the nice, warm common room.

"Why don't you stay a while? Your not bothering me" said Hermione kindly.
Alice smiled and sat back down again, staring at her cold bear feet.

"Where are your shoes?" asked Hermione, noticing her dirty feet.
Alice looked at her as if she was speaking Chinese.

"Oh! You mean foot-socks-with-ribbons!" she exclaimed happily and full of life.

"No, I mean shoes" said Hermione, looking at Alice as if she was a lunatic.

"I like foot-socks-with-ribbons" she said almost to herself.
Hermione was shocked that a girl didn't know what shoes were.
As if instinct crept in, she checked Alice's forehead for any signs of a temperature.
But Alice didn't like that at all.

"What do you think your doing?" she asked jumping backwards, and hiding behind a chair.

"I was only checking-"

"If I'm crazy?" croaked Alice from behind the couch.
Hermione fell silent, not sure how to answer to the comment.
She didn't know how to answer, because Alice was right, she was checking to see if she was okay.

"Goodnight Alice" said Hermione, feeling terrible.
She got no reply, because Alice wasn't there anymore.

The Black Mamba had taken form.