Ch.7 - The Howler

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"ALICE, DO NOT OPEN
THAT LETTER"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Alice let out a gasp as she woke with a start, banging her head on the table.
Her arms and legs were burning with pain.
She had transformed despite her tries to stay awake.

It was only five in the morning.
She headed over to the bookshelf and picked out a small book with a purple spine.

She opened it but put it straight back, realising she was never able to read.
Four years of normal life doesn't give you a lot of time to learn.
her brother tried to teach her, but he didn't know much either, because he was never taught.

They came from a very poor family, neither of them ever went to school.
Henry was homeschooled by his father and Alice was homeschooled by her brother.

And the Circus only made it worse.
Blackouts were regular for Alice and would forget things easily, luckily they don't happen anymore, but she never got her memories back.

Draco had kindly given her all his old school books, but what use where books when she couldn't read?
She needed help if she was even going to survive one day in this school, but she was already too late as she heard the muffled voices of the students from upstairs.

She headed down to the great hall, to get a slice of toast before everyone else and was surprised to see Draco.

As much as she wanted to go over and talk to him, she figured that he probably didn't want to talk to her, so she sat as far away from him as possible.

Just after she had finished her single slice of toast, Alice was just about ready to leave, when a barn owl dropped a flaming red letter in front of her.

She squeaked as she held it up.

To Alice Malfoy,
From Malfoy Manor

Lucius had found out.
And now, it was all over.

"Alice, do not open that letter" said Draco, turning around and seeing the colour of the envelope.

"You told him didn't you!" she shouted, making the teachers who were present stare.

"Why would I do that?" he said angrily.
She was too angry to say anything more, so she ran out of the Great Hall, just in time to see it explode.

You know what happens now!

Tears filled the backs of her eyes as she ran back to the common room, holding the letter close .