Ch.1 - Silence

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"I WISH ALICE WAS"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Henry?

Henry answer me!

When the Department of Mysteries was cleared, Alice had no where to go.
She couldn't go back to Malfoy Manor and she certainly couldn't go back to the circus.

Of course they asked her who her parents were, but she didn't answer.
She let them guess away.

She was the girl they referred to as the one with black locks and was taken to a department in the Ministry of Magic where they would decide what to do with her.

It took three hours for the lady, (who called herself Molly) to speak up and agreed to take her with her.

Alice didn't speak.
She sat in the small bedroom she was kindly given by the Weasleys.

She ate very little.
She didn't sleep.
She just stared out the window day in and day out.

Molly, Aurthur (her husband) and all of their children took turns sitting next to her.

They tried to talk to her, especially Ron.
He didn't know what happened, all he knew was that she was found hugging a ratty scarf.

"Would you like me to wash that?" asked Molly kindly and Alice shook her head furiously. "Are you sure?"

Alice nodded this time, holding the scarf tighter in her boney hands.

Molly muttered something like poor soul and left with her washing basket floating beside her.

Henry!?

Henry answer me!

Henry hadn't answered her since he was taken.
Alice was scared.
He promised her he would never leave her again, and he did.
He broke his promise.

"How are you feeling today?" asked Ron, taking his usual place on the edge of the bed.
But as usual, he got no answer, so he sat and watched her.

The family had considered that maybe her voice was taken away, but Molly said they would know.
It was purely because she was afraid.
She was afraid that anything she said would send her back to the cell, to the circus, to the manor.

She wanted to see James.
She wanted to see Draco.

She wanted to apologise to Rue for being the cause of Henry's disappearance.
She wanted to know if Rue was okay, maybe she was taken too.

Alice had been bottling up her emotions for weeks, and the wall that was stopping the tears from falling was cracking and was going to collasp.

She looked at the scarf.
It was so soft, and she felt as if a piece of Henry lived inside of it.