Ch.33 - The Mistake

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"HARRY I CANT
STAND IT!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

As January changed quickly to March and March turned to February with no change in weather except it became windy as well as wet. To general indignation, a sign went up in all common rooms to inform students that the next Hogsmead trip was cancelled.

Ron was furious.

"It was on my birthday!" he said. "I was looking forward to it.
Alice, sitting in a nearby chair, overheard his complaints and snapped her head up in shock.

Ron's birthday is this weekend!?

She placed down her book, and headed over towards Ginny.

"Hey Alice, what's up?"

"We need to talk, now" Alice replied urgently. Ginny followed her over to the other end of the common room, confused. "Why didn't you tell me about Mr. Weasley's birthday?"

"I thought you knew!" she answered, placing her hands up in surrender. "It's not my fault!"

"How was I supposed to know!? I don't have anything for him!"

Ginny smiled kindly. "Alice, Ron doesn't care, just save him some toast like you always do. Plus you got him an amazing Christmas present, he practically lived in that t-shirt!"

Alice laughed. "Thanks Miss Weasley"

The pair headed back over to the rest, Ron still fuming and picking out everything wrong with, well, everything.

"Not a big surprise, is it?" said Harry. "After what happened to Katie, a Hogsmead trip is the last thing the school would want"

"Yeah, but it had to be my birthday!" Ron huffed. "Now all I've got to look forward to is apparition"

*

"Happy Birthday, Mr. Weasley!" said Alice excitedly as Ron walked down the common room stairs.

"Have a present" said Harry, throwing a neatly wrapped package across the common room. A small pile had gathered overnight.

"Cheers" answered Ron drowsily, as he ripped off the paper, Alice sat on her favourite chair and opened a book.

"Nice one Harry!" exclaimed Ron, waving a new pair of Quidditch Keepers gloves Harry had given him.

"No problem mate"

While Ron was too busy unwrapping presents, Alice slipped out of the common room, and began walking quickly through the halls.