Ch.41 - Reasons

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"I FIGURED
THAT"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

All lessons were suspended.
All examinations were postponed.

Sometimes the young Gryffindor wanted everything to be simple, normal.

Furious parents dragged their children out of the school, terrified that their child was next on Voldemort's death list.

Alice was fine where she was.
She had no where to go anyway.

She pulled the soft blanket around herself, a book clenched in her slim fingers.

She sat beside Bill, watching him sleep, staring at his scars.
Watching as he tossed and turned, hearing the mumbles, knowing he was replaying the unforgettable memory of the werewolf baring is yellow teeth.

Sometimes she wondered if she really saved him.

She reopened her book, scanning through the words, the characters feeling real, feeling she could escape.

"NO! DONT!" Bill yelled, jerking upwards, breathing heavily.

"Are you alright?" Alice asked hastily, jumping off the soft armchair, searching his face for any signs.

"Just a dream"

Bill didn't believe his own words.
Neither did Alice.
She experienced dreams like his, and he needed help.

"Let me fetch Madam Pomfrey"

"No, I'm fine Alice, really"

"I'm getting Madam Pomfrey!" she said sternly.

"Alice, I'm fine, sit down"

Alice listened to him and slowly sat back down, pulling the blanket up to her chin, embarrassed.

''Sorry" she mumbled, tugging at the loose strings.

"You're good" he smiled.

Alice expected him to lay back down, but he didn't, he watched the girl turn the pages with her pale fingers.

"Why did you save me?" he asked.

"What?"

"Alice, you risked your life"