Ch.11 - Trying to Help

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"YOU'RE LYING!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Alice watched the sun rise before getting changed into fresh clothes, not hearing a word from any student.

She headed to the Great Hall, pleased to find it almost completely empty. It was just her and a few teachers.

She ate a slice of toast and took out her potions book. Still trying to figure out what it said, but it was still jiberish.

Soon enough, Draco sauntered in the hall, with his group of friends behind him.

Alice brought the book close to her face, not making any eye contact, for fear he would murder her on the spot.

However, instead, he handed her a letter and gave her a gentle and warm smile.
As much as she wanted to believe that he might want to apologise, the voices inside her head were disagreeing.

She reached for the letter, wanting to open it so badly, but also tear it up and make it catch fire at the same time.
But even if she opened it, she couldn't read what was inside.

As Draco was leaving the Great Hall, she caught up with him, and tapped him lightly on the shoulder.

"Mr. Malfoy?" she asked, her voice not much louder than a whisper.

"Yes?" he answered, hiding the distaste in his voice.

"D-Do you m-mind repeating the letter? I may have accidently spilt pumpkin juice over it" she asked, still not making any eye contact.
He sighed, looking away, wondering what to do.

"Just meet me in the library at six" he finally said, walking off before she could thank him.

It was a blessing she didn't have potions today, or else it really would be her last day at Hogwarts whether she liked it or not.
Simple. As. That.

She headed back to the common room, a smile on her face, knowing she knew the password.

"Mimbulus Mimbletonia" she muttered, as the surprised fat lady let her through.

Alice headed over to Ron and Harry, where her books were.
They were cramming in the homework they had to get done for the day.
Unfortunately, they wouldn't get it all done, and they would have double.

"Have you eaten anything today, Alice?" asked Harry, placing down his quill. "And don't lie"

"I had a slice of toast" she replied almost in a whisper.
Harry looked at her, with a disappointing expression.

"Alice, you need to eat more than that" said Ron, also leaving his quill down.

"I'm not that hungry"