Ch. 5 - Phone

ACTUALLY SCRATCH THAT live your life Henry, do all the stupid you want....

"James I swear to God if you don't-"

"For the last time I don't know where she is, I told her to find you and get away from here, I was protect-"

"BULLSHIT!" Henry's fists bashed the table, silverware now misplaced.

Burning rage hissed through his body like deathly poison, screeching a demanding release in the form of unwanted violence.

"Henry listen-"

"No James, you listen" he snapped. "My sister is missing, she's gone and I get a worrying message from her, you weren't protecting her, we all knew what you were doing"

"Do you?" James sneered. "Enlighten me"

"YOU SOLD HER, TO THAT...THAT CIRCUS YOU SICK SON OF A BITCH!"

Their voices had begun to rise over the sacred silence of the kitchen. A glance, touch, and one small comment stirred a hurricane of harsh and horsed insults.

"You're just jealous"

"Excuse me?" Henry enquired

"Jealous that you can't control her anymore"

No body was sure who threw the first punch, but suddenly Henry's fist was slamming into his face while James' foot sunk into his stomach.

James' mouth pooled with blood as Henry gagged, his breathing raspy.

"Adair, you're jealous that we have become more of a family than you ever were"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"You left her Henry, and she came to us, we are her family now, not you"

"SHUT UP!"

They stumbled apart for a brief second to catch their breath before diving back at each other, eyes narrowed in determination.

James dodged a fist and came up with his own; for a brief instant, Henry's dark eyes widened before he managed to tilt his head back and slam it into James'.

Stars burst in his vision but he shook it off, slightly blinded, throwing sloppy kicks.

"Guess a large head like yours comes in handy sometimes, eh Adair?"

Henry stepped back, easily evading the kick. "Is that all you got?" he crowed, smirking infuriatingly at James. He growled and threw himself at him but Henry changed direction at the last minute, allowing James to gracefully whack himself into the fridge, falling to the ground.

Henry strolled over and placed a heavy foot on his chest. "She belongs with me, she'll live with me and you'll never have contact with her again, understand?"

James choked on his own blood.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?" he yelled, pushing down harder.

James looked sick, his face bleeding and the ability to breath was beginning to become an unwanted chore.

"I won't ask again Baxter"

He nodded fast and quickly.
Henry released the pressure and he breathed deeply.

James was left bleeding on the floor and he only rose when he knew what he had to do.