Ch.36 - Sectumsempra

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I CAME
TO APOLOGISE TO YOU"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

How stupid can I be? Why did I do that?
Now she knows!

"Woah there" said Fred. "Where you off to?"

"You've done so much for me" said Henry, his heart pounding. "But I've got to go, it's better for everyone"

"But why?" asked George. "Why now?"

"Something came up, I found a place"

He had to disappear again.
If Alice really believed that he was alive, he had to disappear, it wasn't safe anymore.

Alice couldn't know he was still alive.

"Well, I guess we'll see you around" said Fred, smiling sadly.
He had warmed up to the boy and was sad to see him go.

"Yeah sure" Henry answered, opening the door. "Thanks for everything"

"It wasn't a problem" replied George, handing him a pack of sandwiches. "Take these for the road"

"Thanks" he mumbled. "You're good people, that Alice girl is lucky to have you"

The twins smiled. "Goodbye Luke" they said in sync.

Henry smiled, taking a quick glance back at the shop and the red-head twins before closing the door and keeping his head down, rushing through the busy streets of Diagon Alley.

*

"Okay Alice, calm down" said Lupin softly. "Explain again"

"Mr. Lupin, Henry is alive, I feel it in my gut" Alice replied, desperatly. "Please believe me"

"And he talks to you telepathically?"

"Yes. He said my name twice this morning"

Alice sat crossed-legged in front of Lupin, her heart pounding, the worst-case scenarios rushing through her mind.

"Alice-"

"I'm not going crazy, I heard him"

Lupin sighed. He didn't know what to say. "Alice, we have proof..."

"Proof?" she repeated, unable to stop the quiver in her voice. "You mean...."

He nodded sadly. "His body was found last week Alice, I'm so sorry"

She bit down on her lip, turning towards the window as if it would calm her. "Y-Y-You're lying" she stuttered, holding back tears.

"I'm so sorry Alice"