Ch.17 - Library

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"I THINK HE'S HURTING
HER"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Alice woke up, her head as heavy as lead and in pain.
She had transformed.
And this was the worse yet.
If she wanted to control herself, she needed to find Henry.

She tried to stand, but it was too painful.
Her arm had finally stopped bleeding, but it left a huge scar down her arm.

She was frightened.
She understood now that she had to stay away from people, because next time it won't be Draco, it will be his father.

She headed down to the library, trying to avoid everyone.
Of course, Harry, Hermione and Ron, noticed but they let her off.
Sirius gave her the biggest fright last night, and they hoped that she'd be better for dinner.

She went to her favourite table near the back of the library, and took out a book and stared at it following the words with her finger.
It's like looking at French, you look at it, you can read it, but you have absolutely no idea what it says.

Just as she was calming down a bit, Draco walked in, and her heart started to beat very fast.

She put the book back, and rushed out.
She didn't think he saw her, but he did.
He wanted to talk to her.
He needed to keep her away from everyone, but he didn't know how.

"There you are Alice!" cried Harry when she walked into the common room.
But she walked right by them.

"Alice?" called Hermione, walking after her.

"Ms. Granger, leave me alone" she whispered.

"Alice-"

"I said leave me ALONE!" she shouted, making everyone stare.
Alice covered her mouth, afraid to speak anymore.
Hermione waited, surprised.
Alice never to spoke in anything louder than a whisper, and here she was shouting at her to leave her alone. "Please Ms. Granger, I can't be near you, you've already done too much"

She walked off, leaving Hermione speechless.
She felt as if she had failed as a prefect.
She resumed helping Harry and Ron with their homework.

Alice felt terrible.
But she couldn't stay with them anymore, well she could, but she would be punished at school and at Malfoy Manor.

"What was that?"asked Harry, almost mad.

"Not now" muttered Hermione. She was really upset.
She thought she finally had Alice on her side, but something had happened, and she had a feeling Draco had something to do with it.

"Hermione, this isn't your fault" reassured Ron, seeing her upset.

"But it is. We shouldn't have gone to Draco, he only made things worse"

"Why do you say that?" asked Harry, leaving down his quill and glancing over to Alice, who had her knees close to her chest and not making eye contact with anything but the floor.

"I think he's hurting her"