Ch.20 - Toast

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"THEN STEP ASIDE!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"I still think Harry is a lot weirder than me" said Ron the following morning, placing a healthy helping of sausages and eggs on his plate. Oh, and a slice of toast.

Alice nagged it from his plate, and Ron glared at her playfully.

"That's my toast, you git!" he laughed, as she held the toast higher. "Get your own"

"That proves my point. You are weirder than Harry" she laughed, biting into the toast, forgetting about what came after.

She quickly grabbed a clean cup, and once again vomited inside, everyone staring.

She felt her face turn bright red, and panic began to settle in.

Romilda Vane was laughing her head off, mocking Alice by acting her episode out to her friends and they laughed even harder.

"Alice, you need to see Madam Pomfrey" said Hermione worridly.

"No, no I'm fine. I must just be having an off day. I-I'll see you at lunch" she said nervously, before rushing out of the Great Hall, tripping over her robes.
It only made them laugh harder.

She rushed all the way to the common room, determined to get this eating then vomiting thing under control.

But it wasn't something you could control.
Alice was just denying the fact that she was really sick.

She rushed over to Ron's satchel and grabbed his spare DADA book from second year, a quill from Hermione and parchment from Harry.

Hopefully they wouldn't notice.
She doubted they'd mind anyway, and even if they did, it would be ten times better than getting in trouble by Snape.

The detention was something Alice wouldn't like to happen again.
Not only was it awkward, but if she accidentally gave anything away, Henry's life would he in more danger, not to mention her own.

She rushed off to class, avoiding as many people as possible.
But it's hard to avoid people when your Alice, people just have a knack for finding you.

"Well look who we have here" sneered Romilda. "I think your new name should be vomit face"

Her group nodded in agreement.

"So, are you just gonna rock in here and magically be friends with all Harry's friends?" she asked.

"If this is about the Hogwarts Express, I didn't even want to sit with them, I wanted to be alone"

"So why did you?" she asked, getting on Alice's nerves.

"He asked me to, and it seemed wrong to refuse"

Romilda clicked her fingers and a girl with blonde hair handed her a drink and she sipped it for a dramatic effect.

"Just stay out of my way" she spat.

"Believe me, the last place I want to be, is in your way" Alice replied her voice quivering slightly.

"Then step aside" she said, pushing her into the wall, and pouring the remainder of her drink on top of Alice's head.

They continued on their way, laughing their heads off.
Alice felt her hair and realised it was pumpkin juice and that she stunk of it.

"Alice what happened?" asked Ron, rushing towards her as she pulled herself to her feet.