Ch.24 - Quidditch

The swirling leaves from the tall trees on the grounds of Hogwarts were soon no more, as the seasons quickly changed and before anyone knew it, it was the middle of November.

Katie Bell had still not been released from St. Mungos after her unfortuante luck of being cursed at the first Hogsmead trip that year.

As she was not in school, the promising Gryffindor Quiditch team Harry had been training so carefully since September was one Chaser short.

He kept putting off replacing Katie in the hope that she would return, but their opening match against Slytherin was looming and he finally had to accept the fact that she would not be back in time to play.

Harry did not think he could stand another full-house tryout.
So instead, he cornered Dean Tomas after transfiguration and he happily accepted the offer to become the offial stand in for Katie.

Training went well, but there was still one major problem.
Ron.

Harry had known all along that Ron was an inconsistant player who suffered greatly from nerves and lack of confidence.

That evening, Alice was returning to the common room after sitting in the owlery and reading over her DADA notes again.

Ron and Harry had caught up with her and he and Alice tried to bring back Rons confidence and by the time they reached the second floor, Ron was looking marginally more cheerful.

"You'll do fine Ron, I promise" said Alice smiling.

When Harry pushed open the tapestry to make their usual short cut up to Gryffindor tower, however, they found themselves looking at Dean and Ginny, who were locked in a close embrace and kissing feircly as if glued together.

Harry immediatly covered Alice's eyes, but she shook off his hold.

"Im not five Mr. Potter" she said annoyed. People seemed to forget that she was eleven and not a toddler despite her short and thin build.

Alice suddenly heard Ron's voice as though from a great distance away.

"Oi!"

Dean and Ginny broke apart and looked around.

"What?" said Ginny.

"I dont want to find my sister snogging in public!"

"This was a deserted corridor until you butted in!" she said.

Dean looked embarrassed and gave Harry and shifty grin which he did not return.

"Er.....come on Ginny" said Dean. "Lets head back to the common room"

"You go!" said Ginny. "I want a word with my dear brother!"

Dean left, looking as if he wasn't keen to stay to see what happened.

"Right" Ginny said, tossing her red hair out of her face and glaring at Ron. "Lets get this straight, it is none of your business who I go out with and what I do with them, Ron-"

"Yeah it is!" said Ron just as angrily. "D'you think I want people saying my sister's a-"

Alice took a step back.
She thought it would be a civil conversation, but it was everything but civil.

She had never seen any of her friends that angry, and she knew she would have to step in soon.

"A what?" shouted Ginny, drawing her wand. "A what exactly.

"He doesn't mean anything Ms. Weasly-" said Alice quickly.

"Oh yes he does" she said, flaring up at Alice. "Just because he's never snogged anyone in his life, just because the best kiss he's ever had is from Aunt Muriel-"