Ch.23 - Teasing

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"I BET SHES A
DISSAPOINTMENT
TO HER FAMILY NAME!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

The week went very fast from there, and soon enough it was a weekend.
But not any weekend.
The first Hogsmead weekend of the year, which means it will be only the first years and second years in the common room.
And Alice didn't know anyone.

She needed to find Draco, but Fred said that he was more than likely going to Hogsmead.
If she wanted to get some idea where Henry was, Draco was the first person she had to ask.

She headed to the library, hoping to find him tormenting first years or something.
And for once, she got her way, and found him with his friends.

"Can I speak to you for a moment?" she asked Draco, who happily followed after apologising to his friends.

"What's wrong?" he asked, taking a seat at Alice's favourite table.

"Do you know anything about Henry Adair?"she asked, afraid he would freak out.

"Why do you want to know?"

"He's my broth-"

"Shhh! Do you want them to know?" he whispered.

"Mr. Malfoy, where is Henry?" she asked again, hiding her arms so he couldn't hurt her.

"How on earth am I supposed to know?" he asked annoyed, heading back to his friends.

Some people might've given up there, but Alice knew that Draco knew something.
He knew where Henry was.
He knew something she didn't.

With nothing else to do, she took her usual spot on the windowsill, looking at the birds flying past, hoping an owl would drop another letter off.

"Look at her, she's so alone" whispered a girl, trying to let Alice hear.

"I bet she's a disappointment to her family name!" laughed another.

Alice tried to ignore them, but it was like being stung by bees, it hurt.

"She never talks to anyone!"

"She gave out to Harry for wanting to be her friend!"

Alice was going red with embarrassment.
She wanted to give them a smack, teach them a lesson.
But she didn't, because she knew that it would give them the satisfaction that they had hurt her.

Soon enough they were called over by their friends, and the whole conversation was forgotten by everyone but Alice.

Still waiting for the letter that never came, Alice stayed on the windowsill.

She wished she hasn't shouted at Harry and his friends.
But they were being inconsiderate, and deserved it.
She needed to learn to stand up for herself.

Around dinner, everyone came back from Hogsmead and everyone was talking and exchanging the sweets they had gotten from Zonko's sweet shop.
And the twins were trying to entice unsuspecting first years into trying their latest invention.

Alice wanted to stop them, but she didn't have that type of power.
All she could do was kick them in the shins, and that's bound to get old at some point.

She still hadn't moved from her spot, observing everyone.
Harry seemed quite pleased with himself, but also annoyed.
Probably because of her.

Ron was talking to Fred and George.
Alice noticed his grin slowly fading into a worried expression and she knew Fred had told him about the letter.

"Alice?" asked Ron.

She jumped a bit, and her heart was pounding.

"Yes?" she asked, really not wanting to talk to him.

"I need to talk to you for a moment"

"No you want to talk to me and people dont always get what they want"

"Please Alice"

"No"

Ron sighed and walked back off to the twins.

"She won't talk" said Ron.

"Well we need to, something's going on with her and by the looks of things it isn't good" said Fred, heading over to Alice, George and Ron trailing behind.

"Alice, we need to talk to you!" said Fred, but Alice didn't answer. "Alice?"

"You told them didn't you? I trusted you Mr. Weasley!" she shouted, turning back to the window.

"Alice-"

"Shut up and leave me alone!" she glared at Fred.
She wasn't mad at George or Ron because again, they were dragged into something.

"Give it up Fred" said Ron, walking back over to Harry and Hermione.

"What was that about?" asked Hermione, nearly without interest.

"Nothing" he answered simply.

Harry looked up angrily.

"We told you what we know, now you tell us!"

Ron looked over at Alice who gave him a pleading look.

"Look I have no idea what Fred was on about, and neither does he, so drop it Harry" he mumbled.

Alice smiled.
Ron really was the person he could trust.

Suddenly, another letter flew through the open window and Alice held it in her hands.

She had an answer.
But not the one she wanted.