Ch.2 - Running

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"DO YOU WANT ALICE
TO DIE OR NOT?"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Some people may find parts upsetting.

"Where's Alice?" asked Ron.

"Hang on, Alice is here?!" asked Harry excitedly.

"Yes, she's been here all summer" replied Ron but he didn't seem at all enthusiastic.

Harry was still beaming, but Ron gave him a look that suggested that he lose the grin.

"What happened to her?" he asked, setting down his knife and fork.

"Mum found her crying and hugging a ratty scarf in the Department of Mysteries. We took her in. She hasn't spoken a word since then"

Harry looked down at his food, losing all his hunger within those three seconds.
At least she wasn't at the Cell.

"Where is she now?" Harry managed to ask, seeing that Ron was looking at Hermione.

"She was still in the room when I left" she said, biting into some toast. "She wouldn't come when I asked"

"I'll bring her up some toast" he said, standing up. "I'll be back in a second"

Hermione and Harry chatted amongst themselves while Ron headed up to where Alice was supposed to be.

"Alice?" he called. "I have some breakfast for you"

He opened the door, knowing he would still see her, sitting at the edge of the bed staring out the window.

But this time it wasn't like that.
Alice was gone, and no trace that she had ever been there.

~*~

Alice crashed to the floor, but jumped up as quickly as she fell and started running, knowing the blinds were never pulled up at this time.

She looked out the window, not to see the stars, but to find the best escape route.

Each night when she was positive everyone was asleep, she crept downstairs, knowing every creaky stair.

Alice loved the Weasleys.
She loved the house.
But the guilt was over powering, and sadness was creeping in.

She couldn't get over the fact that she was the cause for Henry's pain.

We all know that it wasn't her fault, that he made the choice to come back in, but Alice didn't believe that.
The only thing that was ever on her mind was that this was her fault.