"No course not" chuckled James. "You're much worse"

"Hey! I only fell over like-"

"Seventeen times"

"Yeah but-"

"In the first five minutes"

"You do have a point"

At that moment, something large and silver came falling through the canopy over the dance floor.

Graceful and gleaming, the lynx landed lightly in the middle of the astonished dancers. Heads turned, as those nearest it froze, absurdly, in mid dance.

Then the Patronus's mouth opened wide and it spoke in the loud, deep, slow voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt.

The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour dead. They're coming.

Alice screamed.

Everything seemed funny, slow. James jumped to his feet and drew his wand. Many people were only just realising that something strange had happened, heads were still turning towards the silver cat as it vanished.

James pushed Alice behind him proactively. "Get away Alice, find Henry or Mrs. Weasley or someone to help. You need to get away"

He ruffled her hair before he threw himself into the panicking crowd. Guests were sprinting in all directions, many were Disapparating.

The protective enchantments around the Burrow had broken.

"Henry!" Alice cried. "Henry where are you?"

She began to push herself through the crowd and across the dance floor, she then saw the cloaked, masked figures appearing in the crowd.

She screamed again.

And then he raised his wand-

"Stop thinking about it Alice!" she mumbled.

Pain erupted within her body like a thousand knives.

"Henry!" she called again, half sobbing as she was buffeted by terrified guests. A streak of light whizzed over her head, whether it was a protective charm or something more sinister she didn't know.

Lucius bent down and lifted her face to face him-

"Focus" she repeated under breath.

She couldn't let her past bring her down.
Not now when there was so much to lose.

She regretted leaving her wand in her room.

"ALICE YOU'VE GOT TO LEAVE NOW" cried James, taking her by the shoulders and pushing her outside. "Please Alice"

"Don't die" she replied as her feet began to pound the tarmac with all the grace of a wet cement bag.

Her short black locks whipped back and forth annoyingly as she flung herself over rocks and tree trunks alike after reaching the forest.

She stopped, looking behind her.

Calm down, you're all good, just breath.