Team Mikkai

Reitia stands and brushes his shoulders off.  "Man this training is harsh!  You almost blew my head off that time Dan!"  Reitia says.  "Maybe you should learn to move quicker you slow Earth Element!  You really need to learn how use the Earth better!"  Dan replies back in an irritated yell.  Reitia looks back at Dan with a smug face.  Suddenly a faint noise is heard in the forest.  Both Dan and Reitia look over at the forest a notice a figure quickly appear charging towards them.  They both attempt to get into a battle stance, but the figure is just too fast.

"TOO SLOW!"  The figure yells out as it clotheslines both of them, and sends them flying across the dirt.  After the boys are done sliding across the dirt, Dan gets up and says "Gah!  How can we get the drop on this guy if he's that fast!?"

"I think... I think I finally got a plan!" Reitia says to Dan.  Reitia then turns towards Dan and starts to whisper in his ear.  "Oh!  That might actually work!  You aren't as stupid as you look!"

"Enough of that already Dan, here he comes again!" Reitia says.

The figure appears in front of the boys with amazing speed.  The figure turns out to be Mikkai Flank, surging with lightning all over his body.  He slowly walks over to the boys and says, "You boys have a lot of endurance.  But you can't touch me with this type of teamwork!"  Mikkai then charges lightning to his hands and shoots it at both Reitia and Dan.  Reitia summons up a small rock wall to block the lightning, which gets blasted to pieces.  A lot of dust appears, then suddenly a blast of dark energy comes from the smoke surging towards Mikkai.  Mikkai is quick to dodge by jumping into the air.  Suddenly above him is Reitia with a giant boulder in both of his hands.  He attempts to throw it at Mikkai, struggling intensely, but Mikkai is quick and appears in Reitia's face through a surge of lightning.  Mikkai sends his hand towards Reitia's face, grabs it, and then throws him plummeting towards the ground.  As Mikkai is falling towards the ground, he looks down and notices he is about to fall into a pit of dark energy.  Dan is standing near the pit with his hand pointing towards the pit, desperately trying to hold it together.  Mikkai grins and yells out, "As if that'll work!" As he sends out a bunch of lightning bolts towards Dan.  

"Now Reitia!" Dan yells out as he is hit by the lightning bolts.  Reitia then appears from the dark void while being boosted by a thick branch.  He summons up another boulder, and throws it towards Mikkai with a boosted velocity from his push.

"Don't get cocky boys!" Mikkai yells out as he sends a blast of lightning towards the boulder.  The rock is smashed to smithereens and Reitia is sent plummeting towards the ground again.  As Reitia is falling towards the ground, he squints his eyes open, and gets a small grin on his face.  Suddenly the boulder peices that are now behind Mikkai start to turn into dark energy.  Dan, somewhat injured after receiving multiple volts to the body, then extends his arm towards Mikkai who is still in the air, and yells out "Darkened Surges!" as he pulls his arm towards him in a fast motion, which sends the Dark surges towards Mikkai. 

Mikkai is hit by multiple dark surges and is sent towards the ground.  He hits the ground hard and dust appears all around him.  The dust clears quickly, and Mikkai is laid out on the ground with electricity still surging around his body.  Reitia, so injured he can't even move, asks "Did we win?"

Dan who is on one knee, also very injured replies, "Yeah... we did it.  I can't believe we actually... defeated a Captain."

"You boys didn't defeat a captain, don't be so naive" A voice from behind them appears.  They are both very shocked as they see Mikkai walking towards them, completely unharmed.  Dan looks over to where they defeated Mikkai, and still sees Mikkai's body there.  Dan then turns back at the unharmed Mikkai and asks in a shocked voice "But... how!?  How are there two of you!?  How are you completely unharmed!?"

Mikkai gets a big smile on his tatooed face as he says, "That was just a technique I invented myself.  I like to call it a lightning clone.  Basically I use a portion of Beta to create a clone of myself.  The amount of Beta I put into the clone, is the amount of strength it will have.  Plus, the clone is completely made up of my Lightning Element, so I control it just like I would a regular attack."

Reitia then calls out to Mikkai, still laying on the ground, "Then... how much Beta did you put into the clone!?"

"Oh that?  I put about... 3% of my power into that clone."

Both Reitia and Dan get a completely awed looked on their face.  "I... can't believe it took that much effort to defeat a clone at such a power level!"  Dan says.

"That's what this training was for.  I see you kids finally got down teamwork here.  Though your elemental attacks are still at a very basic level.  The only reason the clone was taken down by that attack of yours was because you seemed to put a lot of Beta into that attack.  That must be why it is difficult for you to move at the moment..."  Mikkai says.  Mikkai looks at both Reitia and Dan, who are both completely worn out.  He then crosses his arms, gets a grin on his face, and says "Boy... if that were actually me out there fighting you guys, you would've been fried from a single attack of mine.  Well, since you are both so worn out, I guess we can call it quits for today."

"No!  We absolutely cannot!"  Reitia yells out.  Mikkai looks over at the boy laid out in the dirt with a raised eyebrow.  "What do you mean, we cannot?"  Mikkai asks.

"If we end the training session so soon... right after we got our butts handed to us... how are we ever going to surpass you!?"  Reitia replies in a loud voice.

Dan gets a huge smile on his face and says "For once I agree with the lil' punk.  No way i'm leaving so early.  I think we'll just recharge our Beta here, and continue the training!"

Mikkai looks at both at them with a raised eyebrow.  He then looks towards the ground, with his eyes closed, and gets a smile on his face.  "Boy... both of you remind me of Sahve when he was young..." Mikkai then looks up opening his eyes and stomping on the dirt below him, with his fist pumping in the air.  "Alright then boys, but don't expect me to go easy on either one of you!  This training will be harsh, but i'll make sure we are the best team in the Academy!"

Both Reitia and Dan pump their fists in the air.  Reitia shouts out in pain.

--Somewhere, in an unknown area--

"Seems like you have competition... who would've thought there'd be another Dark Elemental User just like you?" A shadowy figure says.

"This doesn't matter to me.  The only thing that matters to me now, is our goal."  A second figure says.

"Say what you wish... but i'm more interested in that Sand Element kid.  I've heard he is the reincarnation of the Sandman."  A third figure says.  "I think it's time we put our plan into action... let's send those three."  The third figure says.