The Hunt is On

"All this freaking talk of Havoc... he's a problem... but Zandere is much more of a threat to me!" Kyeru suddenly screams out.

"Whew, save it for him then!" Rina says with a big smile, as she is fanning her face with her hand.  Kyeru looks down at himself and notices he had set himself ablaze.

"Oh... I guess I got a little carried away..." Kyeru says quietly.  He tones the fire down and continues to walk along with us, not saying another word.

We aimlessly search in our directional route, but we're all just totally lost.

"Wait a minute..." Rina says.  "Why... didn't we just elemental ride high in the air and see if we could have found him that way?"

Everyone gets a dumbstruck look on their face.

"We are supposed to be one of the best academies on this planet... yet we couldn't even think of a simple strategy like that!?" I yell out. 

"Well we've wondered way too far off now... elemental riding seems like a waste of beta at this point" Brima says.

We all remain quiet and continue to just walk down the forest aimlessly.  After a few minutes, Kyeru raises his arm and causes us all to stop walking. 

"Shh!  I think I hear something..." he says quietly.

I listen out, and I'm able to hear loud stomping off in the distance.  "Yeah... I hear it clearly, it's that way!" I say as I point in a direction.

"Then let's make haste... it could either be the general, or it could be trouble..." Brima says.

"Or it could be the general in trouble" Rina says with a goofy smile.

Brima does a slightly more obvious glare at Rina.  "Let's go."

We all run off together towards the mysterious noises.  Eventually when we draw near, we all notice that strange enough, nothing is there.

"What the... but I heard giant footsteps around this area... did they run off?" I say.

"I don't hear any thoughts around here... i'm assuming whatever was here, didn't stay for long" Brima says.

"Six o clock guys!" Usara yells out.

Brima and I turn around only to notice several of the same creatures that attacked us before.  All of them look exactly the same... except for one standing all the way in the back.

It has red skin unlike all the grey ones, and it's standing on two legs.  It is much taller than the others, and it's claws are much larger.  It still lacks a mouth, but it's white eyes glow unlike the others.  On it's right arm seems to be some metal device attached to it.  

"Brima!" I shout.

"Right!" she replies.

She puts up a psychic barrier in order to stop the dozen of monsters charging at us.  A few of their claws scratch against the barrier, and it sounds like nails scratching on a chalk board.

I am even more affected due to my enhanced hearing.  I cover my ears and flinch heavily from the irritating sound. 

"Kiruh, what's wrong?" Brima yells to me.

I am barely able to hear her due to the irritating scratching noises.  I look up towards the shield and notice they are starting to make their way through.  A claw breaks through the barrier, and then they slash the shield away, but Brima is too busy worrying about me.

I quickly react and use sand to push her out of the way, just in time.  But that leaves me vulnerable to their attacks.  I try to sink into my own sand pit, but the beasts are just too fast.  One manages to slash my shoulder, and I scream in pain.  I finally fully sink into my sand pit, and appear next to Brima.