Shining Mode

"I'm sorry... I just received crap in my ear, say again?" I slowly ask.

"I do believe you heard me perfectly... Adam is a Seishunn Soul."

"There is no way that's even possible!  From what I've heard, you're supposed to die once you use that technique!"

"Funny story... the thing is, you both have different fathers."

I feel my heart skip a beat.  I feel a sudden urge to punch Adam as hard as I could.  But he was nowhere to be found.  I stay in silence, staring in blank space.

"This is... really awkward.  I hate to be the one to deliver this news to you, but I feel like I should explain a few things to you."

"Don't..." I suddenly say.

"Hmm?"

"Don't... explain anything... I really don't want to hear any of this nonsense right now..."

"Well... your reaction is a little stronger than I thought it'd be."

"Well of course!  Not just Adam, but my mother lied too!  Just how many people are going to lie to me!?" I shout in anger.

There is a short moment of silence.  "Well i'm afraid I can't do anything about that, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  In the meantime, do you wish to come train with me or not?"

I take a deep breath and try to forget about what I was just told, for the time being.

"You're right... when I see them, they have some explaining to do.  For now, i'll focus on this."

"Good to hear... now the two of you, get close to me.  We are going somewhere special to train."

I nod, then Brima and I draw close to the Old man.

"Before we go... we never caught your name?"

The old man pauses for a second, as if he is trying to think.  "Well... I am called many names.  But... just call me Genji.  That's the one I prefer."

"Alright, old man Genji.  So where are we going anyway?"

"To a special place... we are going to train in my yard in the sky."

"Wait, what!?" I shout, but suddenly we disappear and end up in a strange place.  The place was surrounded with beautiful flowers and other plants... but there was no soil.  No ground.  Just floating plants.  I look down and all I can see are thick clouds.  There was a small house behind us, which was also floating.

"Holy crap this is freaky!" I shout.

"Quiet it down... you'll disturb the pets.  Why can't you be quiet like little girly over there?"

"Wait... pets?"

"Yeah... you don't want to wake them, they don't like strangers."

Genji cracks his fingers and claps his hands together.

"Oh yeah, one last thing!  Where the freak did my mother go!?" I shout out.

"Shh!  I told you!  Look, even I don't know where she went.  When I arrived, there was only girly here."

"Hey, she has a name you know.  It's Brima."

"Ah, defending your girlfriend's honor eh?"

"Why does everyone think we are dating?" I say quietly.

"Okay, okay!  Enough of this dumb chatter!  We need to get this over with, I got work to do.  First thing's first.  I need to tell you exactly what we are training you to do."