Operation Hidden Storm

"Kiruh, would you mind going out and getting groceries?" Briaunna yells to me from the kitchen.

I make a loud, noticeable sigh.  "Ever since you've allowed me out, you've been taking advantage of it more..."

Briaunna does a girly chuckle.  "Sorry, but I really need these groceries!  Besides, you can take Brima with you, if you'd like..."

"Don't wanna" Brima says, while laying back in her chair, her face covered by the holo-news print she is reading.

Briaunna smiles, but makes a small irritated tick noise from her mouth.  "Let me rephrase that... you will take Brima with you.  Like I've said before... Haston is still out there.  So go on you two!  Let me know if you run into trouble!"

Brima sighs and closes the holo-news print.  She gets up, puts on her fancy boots with heels, and walks out the door.  She turns around and looks at me.  "You coming or not?"

"Oh... yeah... let's go" I reply.

"Don't forget to actually bring back groceries this time!" Briaunna yells.

We reach the grocery store, do our usual shopping, but in an awkward silence.  When finished, we start to head towards home.  But suddenly we are approached by two elemental users in shiny armor.  They are both wearing the same armor, that lights up in every crease, and reinforced gloves.  

"Are you Kiruh Black?" the one with black emo hair asks me.  

"Yeah... who asks?"

"I'm Lieutenant Mark, and this is Lieutenant Joel" lieutenant emo hair, now known as Mark, says.

Joel has very very messy hair.  I can't even comprehend how messy his hair is.  It is like looking in a huge hole filled with dog crap.

"What exactly are you starin' at?" Joel says in an irritated tone.

"Your freaking hair... what in the world!?" I reply.

Joel gets an extremely irritated expression, but Mark steps in front of him.  "Don't speak to Joel about his hair... he doesn't like that.  But enough about that, we need to get on to business here."

"Let me at the lil' piece of crap!" Joel yells as he tries to run past Mark, who is struggling to hold him back.

"Stand down, soldier!" Mark says.  Suddenly a Morgan Faerie slaps Joel in the face, and he falls on the ground.

"What in the world...?" Mark says quietly.  

"Get on with it... what is it you wanted to tell us, Lieutenant?" Brima asks.

Mark examines Brima for a second, then proceeds to say "W-well... the General has summoned you, Kiruh Black, to go on an extremely urgent mission.  Not just urgent... it's a very important mission.  It could possibly decide the future of the city of Soloice."

"Soloice?" I ask.

"...The city we are in as we speak..." Mark replies with a confused expression.

"W-wait, this city has a name!?  How come I've never heard it before!?"

Mark slaps his hand against his face, and says "Look, we need to see the general immediately.  Things are starting to look dire."

"W-well, why did he summon me of all people?" 

"We'll answer any questions you have on the way, shall we get going?"

I look on the ground at Joel.  "He gonna be okay?"

Mark looks at the unconscious Joel, and then raises his arm towards him, sending beta in his direction.  "Your friend here sure has a powerful attack, if it knocked this guy out."