Reckoning

"K-Kiruh... what are you talking about?  Explaining?  I have nothing to explain... why don't you just go get some rest?  It seems like where ever you went drained you" Briaunna says with an obvious nervous attitude.

"Cut the crap mom.  I wanna know why you lied to me about Adam... and why you've never told me about this second man."

"I don't think you should talk to me like tha-"

"And I don't think you should lie to me like that!" I suddenly shout.  Briaunna puts her hand over her arm and looks to her left, with a frown.

"Sorry Kiruh... I just... didn't want to ruin your childhood... and I didn't want you knowing about it now, either..."

"This wouldn't have mattered as much if you just told me sooner!  Just tell me already!"

"Okay, okay... so it seems like I happened to fall in love with a man other than your father, as well... you could have called it a love triangle, I guess.  Kind of dumb for me to have fallen for another guy, but I just couldn't help it... he was just... the man..."

"And i'm assuming that dad taught this guy the Seishunn Souls technique... how'd he end up using it?"

"I don't even know myself... I just know that he and your father got in a big fight, and then he disappeared... I never saw him again.  But I found out I was pregnant a few weeks later.  Obviously, your father wasn't too happy... but he didn't think for a second that I would cheat on him.  Of course, he thought right.  I never made contact with Adam's father."

"This technique is so confusing... how does that even work!?  He can just choose any woman he wants to impregnate!?"

"Well... no.  In order for the technique to work, the two people have to share the same feelings.  It's an emotionally connected technique."

"Okay then, another question.  Where did you disappear off to when Genji appeared here?"

"Sorry Kiruh... but I can't tell you that just yet.  You'll find out when you're ready."

I squint my eyes and brush off my shoulders.  "Well if you'll excuse me, I have a bed to sleep on..."  I say as I walk past Briaunna without giving a second glance.  When I reach my room, I throw off my clothes and toss myself in my bed.  I fall asleep in minutes, not thinking a single thing of what happened today.

I hear a loud ringing noise that wakes me up.  I struggle to press the symbol on my holo-watch to stop the noise.  When I eventually press it, it ejects a holo-image of Rina.

"Kiruh?  Hey!  It's Rina!  Are you ready for our training session?" Rina says through the emitted image.

"Oh... um... err... what time is it?" I ask in a tired tone.

"Oh it's um... 4:42..."

"AM?" 

"No... PM.  Don't tell me you were sleeping just now?"

I quickly rise up in the bed and throw my clothes on, with the image still emitting.  "Okay, I totally overslept!  Did that training drain me that much!?" I shout loudly.  "I went to bed early too!"

I run to the bathroom to freshen up very quickly, and then say "Sorry Rina!  I'll be there soon, I just overslept!"

She giggles and says "Okay then, i'll just see you then!  Meet me at the playground in Realms street."  I hang up the call and run downstairs.

"Wow Kiruh, you really overslept today huh?" Briaunna asks me as I zoom past her.  I don't say a word as I run out the door.  

"Is he still upset?" Briaunna says with a frown.