Dark Night Owl

Dan swings his other fist towards me, and I quickly jump out of the way.  But he uses that fist to shoot a ball of darkness and it hits me in the chest.  I fall off of the tower of sand, and use a pit of sand to sink into to cushion my fall.  Dan jumps down and smashes the ground with a darkness pit as he lands.

"Hiding now?  I thought I would regret this?  I'm enjoying making you cower!" Dan shouts out.

I appear below his feet in a sand pit and grab his legs.  He looks down, smiles at me, and summons a large darkness pit below his feet.  The pit sucks me in and then blasts me out high in the air.  Dan jumps towards me and grabs me with darkness.  He punches me in the gut with a darkness covered fist, and then uses darkness to push himself towards the ground while still holding on to me.

He slams me on the ground and proceeds to blast me multiple times with darkness blasts.

"I thought you could handle this?  What's going on, huh chump!?" He shouts at me.

I summon sand to block the blasts and then use sand to slide away from Dan.

"All you're doing is running away!" He shouts as he charges towards me with darkness.

I use sand to launch myself from the ground to high air, and jump on some floating sand.  Dan extends his arm to me and yells out "Darkened Surges!"

I hear loud strange noises behind me, and before I can even look back to see what it was, dark surges pound me in the back launching me towards the ground again.  Dan slowly walks over to where i'm falling, and when I get close to him he knees me in the stomach as i'm still falling.

He grabs the back of my head and slams it inside a small darkness pit he just created.

"Did you know I could drown you in this pit right now!?  All you gotta do is tap out, meaning you give up Rina.  Otherwise i'll just drown you here and now."

I say nothing, and drop my arms, not moving an inch.  Dan makes a small grunt, as he forces my head deeper in the darkness pit.

"Your darkness sure is something when it comes to power... i'll admit" I say through the pit with no problem.

"What?  How are you talking through that, it's supposed to work just like water!" 

I send a blast of sand to launch Dan back away from me.  I take my head out of the pit and stand up.

"Beta is a powerful source of abilities.  Using beta, you can create your own air.  Using beta... you can breath underwater."

"Looks like your teacher taught you a little more than I thought he would... but it doesn't matter!"

"Sahve didn't teach me this.  No one taught me.  It came to my knowledge literally just as I was drowning in the darkness pit.  We can use beta to send our punches miles away from us.  We can use beta to crush objects.  I simply created a path for my beta to grab oxygen from the outside and send it straight to my lungs.  It was just like using my element, just different locations."

"And you explained this to me why?  I don't care!" Dan shouts as he charges towards me with darkness flowing behind him.  He twirls around and sends a kick in my direction, but I use sand to block his kick.  He runs up the sand shield and jumps above me.  While above me he jumps off of darkness, and charges darkness in his fist as he is falling in my direction.

When he gets close I launch a ball of sand from the ground to hit him back in the air.  Then I split apart that sand and use it to grab Dan.  I raise my arm in his direction, and ball my hand into a tight fist.  This causes my sand to squeeze Dan tightly.  I take this opportunity to jump on sand and fly up towards him.  Before I can even reach him, he blasts himself out of my sand's grip and raises his arms in the air.