Ugly Terms

My holo-watch receives a call.  I raise my arm and eject the holographic image in front of me.  It turns out it's Venny and Golem calling.

"Kiruh... good news.  We've found the core.  Only problem is, there are several bastards guarding it.  It might be at least a few minutes before we can break it ourselves" Venny says.

"Wow, that's great to hear Venny!  Finally that bastard Havoc will get what's coming to him... he's getting destroyed by the general himself right now!"

"Good to hear... but I wanna get this over with.  I'm hanging up now, Kiruh."

"Alright then... Kiruh, over and out!"

Venny manages to hold in a laugh before hanging up.  He turns around towards Golem and gives her a nod.

"Alright... here's what we're gonna do..." Venny says.

"We're going to bust right in and kill all those assassin bastards!" Golem yells loudly.

All the assassins look over towards them, hiding behind the entrance door.  The room is very dark, with very few lights.  The only thing in there is the gigantic core, which is a huge octangular orange orb, floating in the middle of a huge machine.

"Okay... looks like we have no choice since you decided to balls things up..." Venny says in an annoyed tone.

"Good, now we can get to assassin killing!  I've been aching for this all day!"

She charges right in with her arms covered in rocks.  Suddenly all of the assassins pull out assault rifles and aim at her, stopping her in her tracks.

"Playing dirty I see..." she says quietly.

"So glad you could join us!" a man says as he walks down some holographic stairs he just emitted from the rooftop.  "It sure has been a long time, girl!"

"And just who're you, punk!?" Golem yells loudly.

"Oh me?  I'm just the scientist who invents nothing but the most top material!  I'm the reason you're even standing in this room to begin with!  I'm the reason this core exists!"

"Like I care!  Why don't you assassins fight like real men, huh!?"

"Girl, i'm sure you are mistaken.  I am no assassin, I am a mere scientist that works for them.  Those assault rifles that are pointing aiming at you this very second were invented by me, you see.  I call them the M1-R5.  A beautiful model if I do say so myself... I'll give you a little tour of them."

The scientist unstraps the same gun from his back and holds it in a demonstration pose.  He wraps his fingers around the barrel.  "A high caliber barrel to produce only the highest accuracy of shots.  No more use of gunpowder either, this gun only uses pure kinetic energy!"

He pulls out the gun clip from the bottom of the gun's grip.  "And the clip... able to hold 350 rounds of ammo... in just one clip!  Amazing, isn't it!?  Not to mention the gun has an automatic option in which you want to have it silenced or loud.  Either way, the power and accuracy doesn't change."

The scientist flips a switch on the side of the gun, and blade retracts from below the barrel, surrounded by red lightning.  By now, Golem is feeling impatient.  "Ah yes... automatic melee!  For when you wish to get right down to business with you pesky elemental users!"

"Okay, what does any of this have to do with my point of interest!?" Golem yells.

"Silence child, I'm at the best and final feature of the gun."

The scientist retracts the blade back inside the gun, and points the futuristic looking gun at her menacingly.  "Best of all... tracking bullets!  That's right!  All I have to do is aim down the sight, lock onto my target, and the bullets track right to them!"