The Test

We are finally done with the Elemental testing.

Bilial then steps in front of the chair and calmly says, "Now I'll get the sergeant. We will begin signing you guys up for classes."

Bilial then looks at me for a few seconds and then walks out the door. After a few minutes, the sergeant walks into the door.

"I see you all have completed the Elemental testing. Now, based on your elements, we will go ahead and see which class you guys belong to."

The sergeant then tells us to follow him, and we follow him through the long hallway, into another hallway on the right. We enter a room on the left about 25 yards down the second hallway, and inside the room were about 50 desks and a large desk in the front.

Obviously, it is a testing room. The sergeant tells us to sit down and begin the tests that were already on the desks. We all sit down, and obviously, Kyeru and Raikami sat next to each other. I notice Rina sits with Tira.

I am only wishing I could sit next to her, but all I can do was blush when I saw her. She doesn't even glance at me. I just sit next to that Suiyomi kid. He is too busy taking his test. I glare at him for a few seconds and began taking my test.

The first question; "What element are you?" I obviously can't answer this question, so I just skip it.

The second question; "What element would you best like to be matched up with?" I think to myself, "I don't really care..." and just put down Water.

The third question; "Would you rather be matched up with Male or Female?"  I look over at Rina and blush a little, grin and put down Female. This makes me change the answer to the second question. I change it to Earth instead of Water.

The fourth question; "Would you rather learn about elemental Attack or Defense more?" I answer attack. Who would want to know about Defense?

The fifth question; "Would you rather be an Assault elemental user or a Stealth elemental user?" I answer assault. I just want to go right on attack the enemy, screw the element of surprise.

The sixth question; "What would you like to know the most about your element?" Obviously I can't answer that one either. I am beginning to think I should just leave. This whole thing is pointless. I just want to learn my element, but since I don't have one, I am starting to believe I am weak.  But I continue with the test anyway.

The last question; "Are you afraid of death?" I answer No.

I am the second person to finish, since I had skipped 2 questions.

After a few minutes of waiting, when everyone is finished, the sergeant says "Alright! Now assuming everyone's finished come bring your papers up to me, and we will begin reviewing these immediately. After you turn your papers in, please return to this room in two hours. We will have your results ready by then."

We walk out the room, some people in groups. All of us are around 16 to 17 years of age. When we are out in the first hallway, that nerdy kid from the beginning comes up to me.

"Sorry about the whole 'dream getting ruined' type of thing. I'm sure you'll find a new dream someday though!"

I look at him and say "It really sucks though. Just to believe that my one and only dream has been ruined, all because of some rare mistake. I know everyone has an element, so why don't I have one?"

The nerdy kid can only frown and look down.

After a few seconds he says "I really don't have an answer for that. But I can tell you my name! No one else knows which makes me feel mysterious but you can be the first to know!"