The Bully

When we arrive home, we sit on the couches where Brima is sitting down listening to music, eating a sandwich.

"Okay, I'll start off very bluntly, and tell you Brima, that we are about to have a conversation over something very serious that just happened" Briaunna says, with her hands folded under her chin.  "I'll go ahead and say that i'm a lightning element elemental user."

Brima's eyes fill with shock, and she keeps the sandwich in her mouth for a few seconds.

"Now to discuss what we actually came here to discuss... Kiruh.  I never actually joined the academy, but your father taught me everything I know today.  We were known as one of the deadliest couples of all time.  Technically it's forbidden to teach someone elemental abilities outside of the academy, but I was an exception because it was your father teaching me.  Here's the thing you should know about Adam... he was rushing you to get your fire element, because only fire elements from the family can tame his Seishunn Soul.  A while ago, Haston managed to break out like today, but your father was alive then.  Your father managed to tame Haston by merging his fire with Adam's body.  The reason Adam holds the scythe in his hands today is because he had sealed all of his power into the scythe, to prevent Haston from showing up again.  Without the scythe, Adam is powerless, but Haston won't be able to break out even if Adam is in emotional distraught.  The only reason Haston broke free today... is because you became an elemental user.  While your fire will tame Haston, your beta draws him closer.  If he devoured you, then Adam will be gone forever, along with you... I would lose both of my children to that bastard."

"And... why did you disappear that one time Adam disappeared as well?"

"Adam had told me to come with him to a secret location.  He told me that I may need to stop him, at no matter the cost, if you didn't succeed in your training.  That is why I've been keeping a close eye on you for a while.  He told me if I had to kill him, so be it... but... I can't bring myself to kill my own child.  I know you can complete this training, Kiruh... if you can use shining mode... then you can learn how to use fire."

The doorbell rings.  I stand up and say "I'll get it."

I walk over to the door and open it, without bothering to check the screen which shows who is at the door.  I look at who it is and jump back in shock.  "Golem!?"

"Yeah yeah... calm your tits.  May I come inside?"

"Whoa, whoa!  How did you even know about this location!?"

"The general sent me here... the surveillance team saw our entire fight, and he's sending me over here to apologize.  Plus he's demoting me down a rank for what I did... and to be honest, I don't really care about any of this.  I'm only doing this because if I didn't, the General would completely boot me from the academy.  So i'll ask you again... may I come inside?"

I look back towards Briaunna and she nods yes.

"Fine... just don't... break anything..."

"Whatever, weirdo..." 

Golem walks inside, and looks around.  "Nice play ya got... would be a shame if something were to happen to it..."

"What did i just say!?"

Golem laughs and says "Just kidding, calm down!"

We sit down on the couch and there is a short awkward silence.  "So... you had something to say?" I ask.

"Yeah yeah... I'm sorry about everything that happened, okay?  To be honest, I don't really mean this, but I gotta say it."

"I know you don't mean it... no need to be so blunt about it..."

"Well, I can't just apologize to you though.  My parents found out about my little situation as well, so they forced me to come over here and 'bond' with you a bit... what a pain in my back..."

"Okay then... why don't we just start by you telling me about yourself a bit?" I ask.

"Fine, whatever." Golem says, as she crosses her legs in a girly manner.  I'm actually shocked at how she crossed her legs, but I say nothing.

"I'll tell you a nice little secret about myself.  I wasn't always this ugly."

"R-real-" I stop myself before I finish.  Golem laughs at me.

"Don't worry, I know i'm pretty hideous, it's whatever, my feelings don't get hurt like they used to.  Back when I was a little girl, my family had always praised how 'cute' I was, and how adorable I was.  I hated that crap.  It always made me sick when they just praised me over some mindless sissy stuff.  I was pretty much the biggest tomboy you could think of, yet still not a lesbian.  Anyways, since I was so 'pretty' and yet such a tomboy, I pretty much had no friends.  I had went to school like every other normal kid, and sat in the corner alone every day.  These kids would occasionally come up to me and say a few mean things.  Normally, this wouldn't phase someone too much... but as you can tell, I have a very bad temper.  I somehow held it in the first two times the kids did it... but the third time I snapped.  I beat all those kids to a pulp.  Then these other chumps thought they could come and mess with me... I just beat everyone down.  It taught everyone a lesson, never mess with Golem.  Every day I took the long way home, trying calm myself down.  My temper usually gets out of control.  So one day on the way home, a bunch of kids from my class decided to come out and jump me.  I beat them easily, one by one.  But they had an ace up their sleeve.  Turns out they hired some maniac to do some weird crap to me.  He hopped out of the bushes and held me down.  And seeing as how I was only five years old at the time, I couldn't defend myself against this grown man who was taking orders from little kids.  He used some strange device... one I had never seen before... and it altered my genes.  He had hit me with it several times.  It literally shocked my system, and changed my future forever.  It forced my body to grow up to be unattractive."

"So... this guy... literally beat you with an ugly stick?"

"Well if you want to be that blunt about it, yeah.  But... I've done research on this crap, believe me.  There is a way to alter my genes back to the way they are."

"And how do you do it?"

"I'm not completely sure... but the bastard that did this to me in the first place knows.  I've been hunting for him since.  The day he beat me with that baton he had ran away instantly after he was done.  I haven't seen him since, and trust me, I've been looking for him."

Golem looks around, and then stands up.  "Look, It's already awkward enough telling a dude I just got through fighting my life's story.  Sitting in his home just makes it worse.  I better go."  She turns around and heads for the door.

"Wait!" I call out to her.

"What?"

"Your problem... I could help you search for this guy."

Golem grins at me.  "You really are a nice guy, you know that?"

I smile at her.

"I don't like it, screw off" She says loudly as she walks out of the door and slams it behind her back.

I make a big sigh.  "She'll never change back with that attitude..."