The Mature One

As we make our way down the hall, loud banging noises are heard nearby.  I slow down to check out the general's location, and notice the dark explosion is still not over with.

"Was he really holding all that power in?" I say quietly.

"Stop worrying about him Kiruh, we've got more pressing matters to worry about!" Kyeru yells.

I turn around and notice several dead assassins laid against the wall, and several Sawlkin running through a huge hole on the other side of the hallway.  Kyeru is holding a Sawlkin back from striking him with it's claws.

"T-this could be a little troublesome!" Kyeru says in a struggling voice.

Suddenly mercury appears in a long puddle through the hallway, trapping the Sawlkin in the liquid metal.  Reitia rises from the puddle and turns towards Kyeru.  He grabs the Sawlkin's neck and mercury drips from his hand down the Sawlkin's back.  Kyeru quickly lets go, and Reitia gets a serious expression.

"Crown's desire..." Reitia says quietly.

The mercury quickly surrounds the Sawlkin's body, and it gets devoured into the ground.  Reitia turns around and lightly steps on the long mercury puddle he created.  All the Sawlkin sink into the ground.

Reitia turns around and looks at me.  "I didn't think I'd run into you guys."

"Reitia!  Man, you really saved us here!"

"How long have you guys been here?" Reitia asks.

"For quite some time now, actually..."

"I see... I managed to find Rina and Usara on ground level.  That's how I ran into this place."

"And where are the others?"

"They fell slightly behind, but they're in that hole in the wall.  I spotted these assassins and Sawlkin fighting, so I decided to intervene a bit.  However these big grey dudes were a little stronger than I thought..."

"Wait a minute, you know what they are?"

"Not really... I just heard one of the assassins yell out 'The Sawlkin, shoot them you idiots!'"

I chuckle a bit.  But another loud bang interrupts my moment of joy.  I turn around, and notice a gigantic army of Sawlkin just charging through the halls.

"Okay... that may be a bit much..." Reitia says quietly.

"J-just blast them with mercury!"

"These guys are smarter than they look... they won't fall for the same trick twice... they'll just break through the wall and surprise attack us."

Then Tira and Cherry run through the previous hole, towards us.

"Okay... what did we miss?" Cherry asks while catching her breath.

"You guys have terrible timing..." I say with a small grin.  They both look up at the hundreds of Sawlkin charging towards us with ridiculous speed.

"O-okay... we can do this!" Cherry says loudly.

Reitia steps in front of me and says with his back turned, "I was told about Brima.  You need to go find her... we will take care of these guys!"

"W-wait, are you sure!?"

"This new power the assassins gave me... it isn't exactly what I would call joyful... but it's a lot stronger and easier to use than what I previously had... plus I have Tira and Cherry.  We're a pretty good team, actually!  Just go... they are getting really close!"