A New Person

After around ten minutes pass, I can feel Brima start to move in the bed.

"Kiruh... umm... may I ask you a question?" Brima asks me.

"Well, you just asked me a question, but go ahead and ask another one" I say to her with my back turned towards her.

Brima turns towards Kiruh without him knowing, and looks at him with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Well um... how are you so outgoing... towards everyone?" Brima asks quietly.

"Outgoing?  Heh, I never really thought I was that outgoing, but when you come to mention it, I guess I do have a talkative nature towards everyone.  Though, I was kind of quiet when I first came to the Elemental Academy... I was a bit intimidated by everything... but i'm starting to open up to things.  That reminds me... Brima did you train at the academy in the city I live in?" I ask.

"Well um... no... our city has it's own Elemental Academy... not a lot of cities have academies but our city holds the royal palace, so it is necessary..." Brima replies.

"It seems like you opened up a bit yourself, Brima" I think hoping Brima would read my mind.

"You know you can talk to me with your voice... I don't really like reading minds all the time..." Brima says with just a tad bit of frustration.

"Oh, sorry... I just think it's pretty cool!" I say.  "By the way... is there any way you can stop reading minds?" I ask.

"Well... I guess if I had stopped my Beta flow for that moment, the mind reading would stop as well... but of course you can't stop your Beta flow forever... an hour at best" Brima replies quietly.

"I see" I say.

We lay there quietly and awkwardly again.  I attempt to go to sleep a few times, but fail to because I know i'm sleeping next to a girl.  After another few minutes, I can feel Brima moving around again.

"Kiruh... can you face towards me?" She asks in an adorably embarrassed voice.  My heart starts to pound fast, and I get a nervous feeling.

"Oh, um... it's okay if you don't want to..." She says shyly.

I take a deep breath, and turn around with my eyes closed.  I open my eyes when turned around, and the first thing I notice is Brima facing towards me.  She blushes heavily and her eyes start to sparkle.  Her eyes look like a gorgeous red moon dead in front of me.

"I... I... I wanna... ask you... um... well..." Brima studders out.  "Well... um..."  Brima starts to get a really embarrassed look on her face.

"W-w-what k-kind of g-girl do you l-like?" She asks quietly with a huge studder.

My heart pounds heavily as I think to myself, "C-could she... no way... there's no way a PRINCESS would think that way about me... besides... after this mission I wouldn't even see her anymore, however, I would see Rina all the time..."

I think a little bit about it, and Rina pops up in my mind. Then I get a really surprised look on my face.

"Wait a minute... crap!  You can read minds!  That's unfair!" I say slightly loud.  Brima moves her face left and right as she says, "No... I stopped my Beta flow... I wanted to hear your answer, only from you" She says with less embarrassment than usual.

I grin at her.  I start to think to myself again.  "Really all I think about is Rina... it almost feels wrong that i'm thinking of another woman while in bed with another."

I take a big gulp, then say "Well I guess I like women with confidence.  Girls that aren't afraid to do what they feel is right.  Girls that will stick by my side, no matter what.  And most of all, girls that won't hide from their feelings."