Creating the Impossible

"And you're pointing that thing at me... why?" I reluctantly ask.

"First thing's first.  I wanna show you exactly what shining mode should look like" Genji replies.

"Oh, cool!  Go ahead!"

Brima and I stand up and look closely at Genji.  He taps his cane, and it suddenly bursts with beta.  It quickly changes form and turns into a sword.  "Watch closely kids... I will only show this to you once."

Genji twirls his sword around and then swings it backwards.  The sword starts to burst with a large amount of beta, and suddenly the beta starts to glow brighter and brighter.  Beta surrounds the sword with a fiery aura, and beta surrounds his feet as well.  Genji's pupils start to glow brightly.  Genji swings his sword around, and the fiery beta leaves a short trail everywhere he swings the blade.

"This here... is shining mode."

"Awesome!  Can you show us that Shining bomb move?"

"No.  That isn't safe to use casually."

"Ah... okay.  That's fine, I guess."

Genji suddenly gets a shocked look on his face, and he slowly starts to smile.  Shining mode slowly starts to fade and disperse away, and he slams his sword in to nothingness.  It floats in mid-air, as if it were stuck in ground.

"I almost forgot... there was one person that managed to use shining mode with perfection, other than me."

"Who was it!?  Is it Adam?"

"No.  He failed it horribly, to be quite honest.  I guess not even a genius like him could complete such a difficult task.  But... the person that was able to use Shining mode, was your father."

I get a dull look on my face as I say "You mean my father, right?"

Genji laughs.  "Of course I mean your father.  He perfected Shining mode within four hours."

"Wow, and how long does it usually take?" 

"I wouldn't know... no one has ever passed it.  But enough chit-chat, let's get this over with."

I slam my fists together and put on a big smile.  Brima puts her arms behind her back and stands with a slight lean.

"Now, let me explain how this works.  When you are using beta techniques, just regular beta techniques, you send an impulse from your heart to the outside world, right?  Well, that is the first basic step to Shining mode.  Surround your entire body with beta.  Possibly the easiest step of all."

"Alright!  Let's do this!" I say.  I quickly surround my entire body with beta, and look up at Genji.  "What next!?"

"Slow your role there.  It gets really difficult from here.  After your body has been surrounded by beta, you need to add another layer of beta on top of that beta you are already surrounding yourself with.  That's just the problem... instead of just surrounding a body part, this time you are surrounding your beta, with none other than beta."

"Okay, I got this..." I say as I close my eyes.  I attempt to send another layer of beta to surround my beta, but I can't even send it out.

"Whoa... okay let's try this again."

I try again and again and again, but nothing happens.

"Okay, how do you do this!?" 

"The secret is to not think about putting beta on top of beta, but putting beta to surround the beta.  In other words, try putting beta around your already sent out beta."