Chapter 3: Beach House

As we walk down the empty quiet dirt road my feet start to feel as if i'm stabbing needles through them.

"Sahve... can we take a break?" I ask with a frown on my face.

"No, we need to get her to the palace as soon as possible.  We can't get there with us resting every few hours" Sahve replies from the front.

"Aw come on!  My feet are killing me!" I yell out with a whine.

"For a guy with that many Beta Strips your endurance is terrible..." Sahve says to me.  I snarl at him and look away.  Brima looks at me with a worried look on her face and nudges in without looking.  She bumps into me and jumps back startled.

"I'm sorry!  I didn't mean to!  I was just trying to say something..." Brima says in a shy tone.

"That's alright.  What do you have to say?" I say with a smile.

"Well um... we won't reach the palace for another 16 kilometers...  but my family has a beach house around 2 kilometers from here... my grand parents are living there at the moment, but i'm sure they will welcome us with warm arms..." Brima says quietly.

"Oh cool! Can we stop there, please Sahve? Please!?" I shout at Sahve.

"Fine fine.  I guess we couldn't walk a whole 16 kilometers without a break.  Plus it will be nightfall soon... it's better than camping I suppose"  Sahve replies.

"Yahoo!! Alright! Let's go!" I shout out and start running.

"Ah! K-Kiruh!  The beach house is the other way!" Brima shouts at me.  I come running back scratching my head.

"Ah yeah... how about you lead Brima?" I ask.

"O-okay..." Brima says as she walks to the front of the line.  We follow her until we reach a tall house near a beach front.

"Wow... this beach house... is amazing!" I yell out in awe.  "The stuff I saw on holo-vision wasn't even as great as this!  Is this what a royal family's beach house is like!?  I wonder what the palace is like!"

"Well... then... why don't we go greet my grand parents..." Brima says while walking towards the beach house.  We walk to the front door and Brima knocks on it.  After a minute an old woman answers the door.  The old woman was wearing a plain robe and had pure white hair.  She was wearing thick glasses and had the back of her hair tied up in a ball.

"Oh! Brima! Long time no see!  Oh my how you've grown!  Oh!  And who are your friends here?"

"Well... they are my guards for my trip back to the palace..." Brima says with less shyness than usual.

"Ah, come on Brima.  We aren't your guards, we're your friends!" I say to her with a big smile.  Brima blushes heavily and looks downwards.

"My name is Sahve Tenaki.  I hope we aren't a nuisance.

"Oh, nonsense.  You guys are very welcome when you are friends of Bri Bri here." The old woman says with a smile.  Brima blushes even more.  It looks like she is a hot pipe about to meltdown.

"Well my name's Kiruh Black, soon to be greatest Elemental user!" I say with confidence.  Suiyomi tries to hold in a laugh.  I look back and snarl at him.

"Well, my name is Suiyomi Lekarte.  Nice to meet you."

"Well then, you are all welcome inside... Brima, are you and your friends spending the night here?" The old woman asks.

"Yes... if that is alright with you, grandmother..." Brima says quietly.

"Of course it is! Come in, come in!  My we haven't had company in ages!" The old woman says while signaling us to come inside.  We walk into the beach house and the room is magnificent.  It is large with gorgeous smooth wooden floors.  A tall chandelier hangs lowly in the middle of the large room.  Behind the chandelier are stairs leading to the second floor.  The room is well lite, and there is a window in the back of the room giving a nice view of the beach.