Chapter 7: Reap What You Sow

The Sawlkin refuses to go down easily, and starts to put more strength against me.  I struggle slightly holding it back, so I decide to blast it away with sand.

I quickly examine the overcoat that appeared over me.  "Wow... this thing is so cool!  Makes me look like a boss."

I look back over at the charging Sawlkin.  Once it gets close, it rapidly swings it's claws at me, and I easily dodge each one with my arms behind my back.

"Suddenly I can predict your moves so much easier..."

Then the Sawlkin launches a Morgan Faerie at my face, and I raise my arms and grab it.  It causes me to slide back, but I eventually stop moving.  The Sawlkin takes this chance to charge at me with full force.

I summon sand beside me, and shape it like arms and hands.  I grab the Sawlkin and slam it against the far off wall.  I then use beta to break the Morgan Faerie.

"No matter how hard I try you just won't go down..." I say.

The Sawlkin pushes itself out of the wall and howls wildly.  The device on it's arm starts to glow again, and it swings it's arm rapidly towards me.  Kinetic slashes form as it swings it's arm, and they charge towards me.

I call forth a large sand shield, easily blocking the attack.

"Okay then... time to go all out!" I yell.  I break apart the sand shield, piece by piece.  The sand starts to float around in the air.  I summon more and more sand grains to float in the air, and have them wail around in the air wildly.  Eventually It all forms a sandstorm in front of me, and covers the entire room except where Brima is.

I use the shining beta in my arm to form the Shining Slash's blade, and charge forth to the Sawlkin whom I can see clearly through the sand.  It is swinging it's claws rapidly in the sand, blindly.

I jab the shining slash in it's stomach, and slash upwards through it's head.  I then swing the blade a rapid amount of times at it's body, cutting it all over the place.

But suddenly it's body quickly regenerates itself, and it tackles me away.  I jab the shining blade into the ground to stop my friction in the air, and land on my feet.

I decide to charge head on towards the Sawlkin knowing it's still blind.  I disperse the shining slash, due to it taking away a decent amount of my shining beta.  I form a spear from sand and lunge it at the Sawlkin's head.

However, the Sawlkin grabs the spear and swings it's forehead at me.  I quickly shield my head with sand, but the headbutt still impacts sending me flying backwards.

"What in the world... there is no way it could have seen that coming..." I say lowly.

Suddenly a Morgan Faerie pierces through the sandstorm, and I narrowly dodge it.  That's when the Sawlkin appears in front of me and slashes me in the arm.

I flinch in pain, but am amazed at what I see spurt from the wound.

Sand, instead of blood.

"Just what is going on!?"

The Sawlkin doesn't let up as he slashes at me several times, causing more and more sand to spurt from my body.  Right in between one of the slashes, I manage to grab it with a sand hand and push it against the wall.  I struggle to keep it pinned down, as I try to recover from it's painful slashes.

The sand that came from my wounds start to slowly move towards me again, and cover the wounds.  All of a sudden it feels like nothing happened.

"Regeneration?  But... how?"