Fated Pairings

Right when we get to the door of the classroom, the big girl, Golem forcibly pushes me out the way.

I glare at her and yell out, "No need to push me out the way! You could've just waited for me to walk in!"

She turns around with the scariest looking face I have ever seen and I could only step back with pure fear in my eyes. She grunts and walks into the classroom.

"What in the world is wrong with her?" I thought to myself.

Reitia questions me "You alright? She seemed pretty tough... she looks even worse than the bullies at my school."

I just brush my shoulders off and continue into the classroom. Sure enough, everyone from the testing room was either already in or walking into the classroom. We all lined up to see our test results.

The sergeant walks out of a room in the corner and yells out, "Alright maggots! We have all your test results here. However I must explain what you will be doing after you are given your teacher-"

"Wait, no entrance exam or anything like that?" Reitia interrupts.

"No, and if you wouldn't interrupt me I would explain!" The sergeant replies in a loud angry voice. Reitia just backs up into the crowd behind me. The sergeant clears his throat, and continues.

"Okay, step number one. The teacher assigned to you is based on all of the test results you have compiled. Your teacher best fits your benefits and your training types. Each and every one of you will have one team member on your side. Once you receive your teacher's name, you must meet with your team member and go to the classroom number written on your paper. You will also receive a map telling you where to go. Your teacher should be in the room that is designated to you already. Note that all your teachers are Captain ranked Elemental users, meaning they will not go easy on you. You will all stay in the classroom giving introductions for five minutes, then you will immediately go outside for some harsh training."

Reitia and I walk up to the boards where all of our results are put. Reitia grabs his and reads it to me.

"Let's see now... Classroom 2667... teacher's name is... Mikkai Flank? Holy crap Mikkai Flank! Wow lucky me, to be paired with such a powerful Lightning user! Oh! I almost forgot I was still reading this... anyways, my team member is... Dan Rennegar? I don't ever remember a Dan Rennegar standing in our class... hmm..."

Reitia looks around and sees one boy who wasn't in our group earlier. He has long spikey black hair, and a mean look on his face. He is wearing a black vest with a very short sleeved black shirt under it. Both of his arms were covered with tattoos, it was hard to make out what they meant. He also wears regular fitting black pants, with chains connected to the side pockets.

He looks over at Reitia and starts to walk towards him. Reitia gets a somewhat nervous look on his face but swallows, sticks his hand out and says with a clear smile, "You must be Dan Rennegar... nice to meet you!"

Dan glares at Reitia and says with a deep eerie voice "I don't do handshakes, sorry. And yeah, I'm Dan. I'll guess you are Reitia Galloway. From the famous Galloway family chain... I see... seems your father is a famous Elemental user, and your mother a famous Elemental scientist."

Reitia grins slightly and replies "Yeah that would be me... part of the royal family. I guess we're pretty famous everywhere huh?"

Dan says, "Enough chit chat. Lets cut the crap and go meet our teacher immediately. To be honest I don't care about you or I don't care about this school. I'm just here to learn so I can beat the crap out of people much easier."

Reitia nervously grins once more and replies with a shaken voice "A-a-alright... hey Kiruh, you gonna be okay?"

I reply "Yeah i'll be fine... go ahead and have fun learning your element." I put on a fake smile as they walk out of the classroom. I walk up to the board and look around for my paper. I notice one with my name on it and rip it off of the board. I read to myself:  

Classroom: 2880  

Teacher's name: Sahve Tenaki  

Team member: Suiyomi Lekarte

"Wait... what?" I think to myself. "Suiyomi... Suiyomi!?! That jerk kid that totally called me out a few hours ago!? There's no wa-"

I feel a cold hand grab my shoulder and quickly turn around in an attack stance. It was Suiyomi with a blank face.

"You!" I yell out. "How can I be paired with someone like you!?"

Suiyomi just looks at the board and says "Well, it isn't my problem. If you don't like it complain to the sergeant. Just remember that this was all chosen to best benefit your needs."

I yell out "But there is no way this benefits my needs! I wanted to be paired with a girl, and I wanted her to be Earth element!" I quickly shut myself up and look around to see if anyone heard me. Luckily the room was too noisy for anyone to have heard.

"Can you just shut up so we can go see our teacher?" Suiyomi questions.  

I look over at Suiyomi with an angry look on my face, and say "Yeah whatever. Not like i'll be stuck with you forever anyway. While you are doing your little element training I will be working on my grade A martial arts skills, without you."

Before we leave, I notice everyone has found their partners. Rina was matched up with Tira, Kyeru and Raikami were matched together (obviously), Cherry was matched with Giro, and Golem was matched up with some other stranger who was also not in the testing room with the rest of us.

We walk out the door and walk all the way to classroom 2880 without saying a word to each other. We walk into the class room and see a man facing away from us sitting on the desk. I notice his clothing and his white hair. He turns around and I notice that Sahve Tenaki, was in fact, the most powerful Captain we saw walking through the hallways earlier.

"Nice to meet the both of you" he says with a calm relaxing voice. "As your paper says, I am Sahve Tenaki your teacher. I hope to have a great time with both of you."