Out with the old, In with the new

The Sandman quickly swings his beta covered hand towards my face.  I flinch and summon a decent amount of sand in front of me to shield myself from his attack.  I try to free myself from the sand trap, but I cannot budge out.

"You're only delaying the inevitable, kid" The sandman says from behind the sand shield.  He slowly starts to simply walk around the shield, while I try to quickly come up with a plan.

"Wait... I got it!" I say loudly.  I cover my hand with beta, and slam it against the sand trap.

"Not bad..." The sandman says.  I absorb the Sandman's beta through the clone's absorbing abilities.

"Now time to use this against you!" I say as I shroud my face with sand.  The sand forms the Sandman's mask around my face, and gives me a boost in abilities.  He chuckles at me.

I summon a large amount of sand below my feet and raise myself in the air.  I then slam my hand on the sand which shoots out multiple sand bullets in the Sandman's direction.

He swings his arm to his right which deflects the sand bullets back at my pillar.  The bullets hit my towering sand, which sends me plummeting down to ground level.  I use sand to cushion my fall, and launch me towards the Sandman.  I send a kick towards his face, but he grabs my foot and tosses me on the ground.  Right before I hit the ground I use sand to attempt to sink into the groundless air, but obviously I just go through the sand and end up in the white space again.

The Sandman stomps on the ground which summons sand formed like a open palmed hand to launch me back in the air.  He summons another sand hand to grab me in the air.

"You done yet?  I'm done playing these little games."

"As if!  I'm just getting started!"

I send a large needle of sand through his sand, and it goes straight for his chest.  However he simply raises his hand and grabs the needle, stopping it in it's tracks.

"Really?  This is the best you can do?  You really don't even deserve shining mode."

"Like I said before, just getting started!"  I use the sand needle he grabbed to absorb some of his beta, and he crushes the needle seconds after he notices.  I then absorb the hands that are grabbing me and gain even more power.  The sandman's hair starts to form from the back of the mask.

"I like this ability... perfect for defeating you!"

"Then I guess i'll just have to resort to something better..."

The Sandman gathers a large amount of beta, and starts to summon a large sandstorm.  The sandstorm draws near me, and I try to jump away, but the sandstorm surrounds me.

"Is he planning on trapping me in here!?  No matter, i'll just absorb all this!" I think while I raise my arms towards the incoming storm.

I try to absorb the sand, but nothing happens.

The Sandman appears behind me and wraps his arm around my neck.  "Sorry kid, but you can't absorb sand that isn't using any beta."

"You mean this isn't beta enhanced sand!?  But... how!?"

"Advanced technique."  He surrounds his hand with beta, and restrains my arms with sand.  He jabs his hand towards my back, but right before he hits me I blast him away with a large amount of sand.  I quickly jump out of the blinding sandstorm back into the white space.

"Why won't you let me learn this ability!?" I shout out.  I then feel a tremendous presence above me.  I look up and see miles and miles of sand dropping down to me.  In a quick reaction, I raise my hand and use sand to stop some of the sand from falling on me, but it is ridiculously heavy.  I start  absorbing the sand, but then the Sandman appears by my side through sand.