The Strike

--3 days later--

"We all call upon everyone in this meeting of great importance to announce our future plans for the academy.  Corporals and Colonels alike" a random elemental user says into the microphone in front of a stand.  "It has been brought to our attention that assassins are getting close to broadening their horizons, and making their move on the academy.  Regardless of the amount of power this academy holds, this is still a great danger to us all.  We should all know the dangers the assassins hold towards us, and frankly, we are more worried about the citizens of Soloice, rather than the academy itself."

The General gets out of his chair and walks over to the microphone.  "We would like to reveal to you all today, that the boss of the assassin order as we know it is an elemental user themselves.  She has been known to feed people lies and tricking them to into thinking the end is nigh and only joining them can save them.  We have someone here, with personal experience."

The General leans to the side and signals for someone behind the curtains to come out.  Usara slowly walks out of the curtains and makes her way over to the microphone.

"Whoa, a ginger!" someone yells from the audience.  The general gets an agitated face and yells to the young man, "Any more of your insolence and I will have you under a thirty day suspension, soldier!"

The man gets a shocked expression and quiets down.

Usara fixes the microphone to her position and quietly says, "U-um... well... I used to be under strict orders... I was one of the many people sent to capture the Seishunn Souls Kiruh Black and Brima One... err... how should I say this?  S-she had told me all about the 'new world' and how I would be saved if I joined her."

Usara twiddles her fingers a bit.

"A-anyways... about the new world.  Kristy is a follower of peace.  She will do anything by any means to retrieve what she wants.  She wants to rid the world of 'impurities' that disrupt the peace around here.  This includes war... weapons... power... love... and-"

"The academy... right?" Kristy says from behind Usara.

Usara turns around, her eyes as pale as ever.  Kristy chops at Usara's neck, instantly knocking her out.

"Oh?  You have a lot of guts to come around here, Kristy Kuller" the General says.

The entire room rises to what the general had just said.  Voices arise from the crowd.

"This is Kristy!?"

"She's actually pretty hot..."

"What a traitor!"

"How did she even get in here!?"

Kristy shrugs her shoulders.  "Now now, people, calm down!  I'm not here to destroy the academy... just yet.  I'm actually here to gain my power back, and then destroy the academy!"

"You really think we'll just let you do this?" the general says.

"Not really... I only came in here to silence the girl."

"And why is it you didn't kill her?  Her beta is still flowing."

Kristy stares at the general, smiles, and then disappears.

The general turns towards the crowd and yells "Everyone, search for her!  We mustn't allow her to run in this city!"

Everyone then stampedes out of the auditorium, somehow not trampling each other.

Brima sits quietly to herself, alongside several other people.  There are a few seats next to her that are still open.  

"Waiting to visit my brother is a lot more intense than I thought it would be..." she thinks.

The prison waiting room has checkered floors, that light up every other square.  It has a somewhat round ceiling, and is ridiculously big for a waiting room.

A man in a cloak and his hood up walks up to Brima and sits next to her.  "Ah, lovely day, isn't it?" he says in a broad, somewhat manly voice.  

"U-um... I guess so..."

"So, are you visiting someone of importance today?"

"W-well... my brother..."

"Oh?  If you don't mind me asking, how'd he end up in here?"

"I-I... kind of do mind... actually..."

"That's fine.  Sorry to have bothered you miss.  I just like to make small talk while waiting."

"W-well... who are y-you waiting for?"

"Oh me?  No one.  I'm here on official business."

"I see..."

The hooded man glances over in Brima's direction.  "A shy one, aren't we?" he asks, in a joyful tone.

"I-I guess..."

He gets out of his chair, and stands in place for a few seconds.  "Well, I better get on with it.  Don't want to keep these guys waiting."

He removes his hood, and turns to face Brima.  

She cannot believe what she sees.

Brima's eyes grow wide, and she begins to shiver.

"I-I-It can't... be!"

The man smiles.  "Long time no see, eh?"

"Lieutenant Bob!?  But... how!?"

"You really think someone as weak as Adam could kill me?"

"B-but... Adam is a colonel!"

Bob chuckles slightly.  "Sorry ma'am... but you don't seem to know much about me.  First off, I am no lieutenant.  I'm the General."

Brima's body freezes up, and for the first time in a while, she feels true fear.

"Anyways, I should get going.  Our assault on the city of Soloice is immanent... and we need the prisoners support.  I'm sure your brother will come in handy..."

Brima's face turns from one of fear, to one of anger.

She stands up, and surrounds her body with a psychic aura.  "I'd like to see you try!"

The people sitting down nearby run out of the building in fear.

"Come on now... you couldn't even handle me when I was holding back... you really think you could handle me now?" Bob says.

She launches several Morgan Faeries at him, and he simply raises his hand and destroys them with red lightning.

Brima gets a shocked expression.  "T-that's... that wasn't an armor ability!"

"Oh!  I've been found out so easily... that's right.  It was an elemental attack.  I have the Retect Element, or the Red Lightning Element, if you will."

Brima trips and falls backwards.  "B-but... how!?  An element like that would kill you!"

Bob grins.  "Look, girly, I don't have time to play twenty questions.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have prisoners to refine and make anew."

Before Brima can say something, he disappears in a jolt of red lightning.

"I... I can't let him get away!" she says to herself.  She stands up, and runs towards the prisoner cells.

"Ma'am!  You can't go that way just yet, it isn't your turn!" the receptionist yells.

Brima ignores her and carries on.  "Kiruh... please hurry up and come back!"