7 - The Beginning of a New Year at Hogwarts

The summer holidays are usually an enjoyable time, but not when your brain keeps telling you that you've messed everything up. 

Yep. I'm having so much fun

There are times where my brain shuts up for a bit, but that never usually lasts long. 

Lily can tell something is bothering me but I don't want to tell her what happened, especially considering Lily isn't really that fond of Sirius. 

But we are soon going back to Hogwarts, which means I'm actually going to have to see Sirius again. 
I still have no idea what I'm going to tell him. 

Well, I still have a week to figure that out. 

...And that week goes by so quickly. 

Soon, we were back at Kings Cross station, getting ready to go back to Hogwarts. 

Lily and I say goodbye to our family and then go find Alice, Marlene and Mary. I sit down in the compartment with the girls but Lily just drops off her stuff and then head to the prefect carriage. 

"So, how was everyone's holidays?" I ask, starting a conversation. 

We talk about our holidays, turns out everyone's holidays were much more interesting than mine. Which isn't shocking considering I did nothing. 

Lily returns to the compartment and joins in with the conversation. We talk for the entire ride to Hogwarts. I've missed my friends, even though they annoy me so much. 

When we arrive at Hogwarts I try to talk to Sirius but it seems like he's trying his best just to ignore me, which is understandable. 
I guess I'll just have to wait until after dinner. 

But that doesn't happen either. In the commotion of everyone exiting the common room I lose sight of Sirius and I cant find him in the common room, I assume he's gone up to his dorm. 
I would go up to his dorm to talk to him, but Lily, Alice, Marlene and Mary are insisting we all spend our first day back together. 

We talk for most of the night but at around midnight we decide to got to bed. I do try to go to sleep, knowing I'll have to wake up early for class tomorrow, but I cant. I need to speak to Sirius. 

So at around one am, I get out of bed and head up to the boys' dorm.

I knock on the door and James is the one who answers. 

"I need to talk to Sirius." I say quickly. 

"Well hello to you too." James says sarcastically. "What are you doing here at one in the morning?" 

"I need to talk to Sirius." I repeat. 

"Tell her I'm asleep." I hear Sirius say. 

"Sirius, I heard that." I say and hear Sirius sigh before he walks over to the door. 
"Please can we talk." I say to Sirius. Then I notice James watching us. "Alone." I add. 

"Fine." Sirius sighs and we silently walk down to the common room together. 

We sit down on one of the couches and I begin talking. 
"I'm sorry about what happened-" 

"You don't need to apologise." Sirius quickly cuts me off. "I get it, you don't like me back." 

"You're wrong." I say quietly but Sirius hears me. He looks up at me, meeting my gaze for the first time tonight. 

"What do you mean?" He asks. 

"I mean that I like you too." I say. "And I was stupid for not telling you before, I guess I was just freaked out. I'm sorry."