78 - Another Christmas Chapter

For the first few weeks it's weird having Regulus around, but I soon warm up to him and we become rather close, bonding over our exasperation at Sirius' ridiculousness. 

We have also begun turning the attic into a more permanent room for him. I don't think it's fair to Remus to have someone else take over his room - even though he has said it's okay, especially since he isn't using the room currently, but I still feel bad. 

~*~*~ 

Soon, Christmas rolls around, and the kids and Remus return home. Luckily Regulus' room is done by this point, so there wont be any awkward room sharing. 

It is awkward introducing Regulus to the kids however, they did know about him, Sirius has spoken about him quite a few times, but obviously they thought he was dead, so it's kinda weird to be like 'hey, y'know that uncle we told you about that died? Well, surprise! He's still alive. And I guess he lives with us now.' 

As always, we decorate the tree almost as soon as the kids are home, Sirius insisting that Regulus joins in with the festivity. 

Afterwards I make everyone some hot chocolate and we watch some movies. 

I love our little traditions. 

~*~*~ 

On Christmas morning, all of us - except Remus, the full moon is tonight and he's clearly exhausted - wake up early and open presents. 

The kids all love the presents that we got them.
Harry is especially excited to see that we - and by we I mean Sirius - bought him the latest broomstick. I know how upset he was when his last one broke and according to Sirius the school's broomsticks are crap and if Gryffindor wants to win at quidditch then Harry needs the best broom there is - this was after a long day of shopping and I didn't want to bother with arguing that Harry probably doesn't need the best one. 

Marlene and Dorcas soon come over, bringing Alice with them, which Rosalie is happy about, she's been really excited to meet the baby. 

It's so great to have everyone here, though it is seemingly awkward for Regulus, which is understandable, I'd feel awkward too if I was spending Christmas surrounded by people I don't really know. 

I watch with a small smile as Sirius sits on the floor with Leo and Harry, all three of them building Lego sets. Rosalie was sitting with her cat Marshmallow on her lap as she watched a Christmas movie with Dorcas, Marlene and Alice - but since she is a baby she seemed more interested in Dorcas' hair than the movie. 

I head through to the kitchen, focusing on making dinner. I smile at Regulus when he walks in to the room as I'm chopping vegetables. 

"Hey," I greet him. "Everything alright?" 

"Yeah, it's just- I don't know, I think maybe there's just too much people, and I don't know them and it feels like I'm intruding on your Christmas." 

"You aren't intruding on anything," I say. "You are part of the family." 

"Still feels awkward." He mumbles. 

"Well, if you'd rather not be around everyone else, you can stay in here and help me cook," I say, handing him a peeler. "There's potatoes over there, go peel them." 

He smiles slightly. "Yeah, alright." 

It's nice having company as I cook and Regulus is really helpful.