37 - Birthday

I wake up with a frown when I notice Sirius isn't in bed beside me.
He's probably just taking care of Leo, but still, how dare he leave me. So evil. I'm cold now. 

I yawn, stretching my arms up as I decide to get out of bed.

I walk downstairs, clearly still half asleep.

"Morning, Love." Sirius says, smiling as I walk into the kitchen. I smile back, watching as his attention shifts from me and back to Leo, who was laying in Sirius' arms. 

"Morning," I mumble, walking over to the fridge to make myself some breakfast. "Have you ate?"

"Yeah, I had some cereal earlier," He answers. "Leo woke up a couple hours ago, I took him down here so he didn't wake you." 

"You don't need to do that, y'know." I say, deciding on just having some cereal too, not really feeling in the mood to eat too much right now, and we've got plenty snacks in the house so if I'm hungry later I can have a snack.

"Well, I want to," He says. "He's my son, and believe it or not I do actually enjoy taking care of him."

"You bloody better," I chuckle, pouring the cereal into the bowl and adding milk (or not if you're lactose intolerant or allergic to milk, or just don't like it, idk). "I do appreciate you letting me sleep though."

"You always get up to take care of him through the night, the least I can do is deal with him in the mornings so you can get some rest."

"Thank you." I say, walking over and pressing a small kiss to his cheek before sitting down with my breakfast.

"So, any plans for today?" He asks me.

"Hopefully relax a little bit," I shrug. "Maybe cuddles with my favourite person."

"Who, Marlene?" Sirius jokes.

"Obviously." I smile.

Marlene had been walking into the kitchen at that moment and must've heard us.

"Sorry Y/n, I have plans today, maybe we can cuddle tomorrow." She jokes, grabbing some bread to make herself toast.

"How rude of you," I say, pretending to be offended. "It's almost as if I'm not the most important thing in your life."

She playfully kisses me on the cheek. "You know you are." 

"Marlene, you have a girlfriend, please stop trying to steal mine." Sirius sighs.

"I deserve two girlfriends." Marlene responds, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"You're annoying as hell." I say to Marlene.

"I know." Marlene chuckles.

~*~*~

I watch with a smile as Sirius, in his dog form, lays on the ground with Leo. Leo seems fascinated by the dog and makes cute noises as he reaches for Sirius.

"Sirius, babe, as much as I hate to break this up, we need to head to James and Lily's." I say. James and Lily just moved in together and they're having everyone around to see the place.

Sirius turns back into himself, which causes Leo to start crying. Sirius frowns, lifting him off the floor and bounces him in his arms in attempts to stop him from crying.

I take Leo from Sirius so he can go get his shoes on, but no matter what I try, Leo doesn't stop crying.

Sirius and I decide to just head to James and Lily's. Leo loves all our friends, maybe one of them will be able to stop his crying.