44 - Happy

I smile as Sirius and I walk side-by-side, Sirius pushing Leo in his pram. Today we're heading to the park near out house, and then afterwards we're going to get ice cream. 

We arrive at the park, which was surprisingly empty, and Sirius instantly picks Leo up and runs off to play. I don't know who this outing is really for, Leo or the man-child that is my husband. 

I watch as Sirius begins pushing Leo on a swing, smiling to myself as I sit down on a bench and pull a book out of my bag, thankful that Sirius is keeping Leo occupied as it means I have a chance to read, something I haven't been able to do for a while. I've just been too busy too read, I have a husband, a son and a cat to take care of, it takes up a lot of time. 

I glance up from my book every now and then, smiling at how happy Sirius is right now. He's not been doing great since Regulus died, which was obviously expected, I would be more concerned if the death hadn't bothered him. 
But it's nice to see him smile. 

I get lost in my book for a while but glance up suddenly and quickly when  hear Leo cry. 
I see Sirius hugging him, and he mouths 'he's fine' but I'm still worried so I put my book back in my bag and head over. 

"What happened?" I ask Sirius. 

"He tripped," Sirius answers. "He was running over to the swings but he still hasn't fully mastered running." 

"If we're counting falling over as not 'fully mastered' then by that logic you also haven't fully mastered walking." I say and Sirius pouts at me, not fond of remembering the time he tripped over air when we were first moving into our house, despite it happening over a year ago I'm never letting him forget it. 

"That was one time." He mutters. 

"And it was hilarious." I add, taking Leo into my arms. He cuddles into my chest and I press a small kiss to the top of his head. 

I hug him until he stops crying, and then he's back off to having fun almost as if him tripping never happened. 

I lift him into the swing, gently pushing him, smiling widely as he giggles. 

"Y'know, I never did stuff like this as a kid." Sirius says and I look over at him in shock. 

"You never went to a park?" I exclaim before looking back over at Leo. 

"Nope," He shrugs. "Well once, when I was nine, me and Reg snuck out and went to a park," He smiles nostalgically at the memory.  "Mum did not like that. We weren't taken to parks when we were young since they're usually filled with muggles and mum didn't want us making friends with any muggles." 

"And now you're married to a muggleborn, so clearly that worked out." I say and Sirius chuckles. 

"Yeah, I was never one for listening to her rules." He says. 

"Clearly," I respond. "But she really never took you to a park? That's ridiculous. If I ever see your mum again I'm literally going to kill her." 

"Well if you do be sure you don't get caught, I don't want you going to Azkaban." 

"I promise I'll be smart about it," I say. "Besides, I'm cute, I could totally get away with murder." 

Sirius chuckles. "The cutest." 

"No, Leo is the cutest." 

"Fine, second cutest." 

"That would be Dog." 

"You can't just let me compliment you?" He asks. 

"No, absolutely not," I say. "But I'll take fourth cutest."