92 - Mary

I smile at the feeling of waking up in my own bed again. Living at Grimmauld for a small period of time made me realise how much I like my house. 

I look over at Sirius, who is still fast asleep, his arm thrown over my waist. I press a small kiss to his cheek as I gently lift his arm off me. He frowns slightly as I get out of bed, grumbling something that doesn't even sound like words. He'll probably wake up soon, complaining about how I abandoned him. 

I go brush my teeth, put on deodorant, sort my hair, all that stuff, before heading downstairs and making breakfast. 

As suspected, Sirius comes down not long later, wrapping his arms around me from behind and cuddling his head into my neck. I laugh slightly at the feeling of his hair tickling my neck. 

"Good morning," I say. 

"Nope, not good, you left me," He mumbles. 

"Alright, then just 'morning'," I say. 

He presses a kiss to my cheek before going and sitting down at the table, which is still covered in poptart boxes. 

"We should probably just eat breakfast in the living room," Sirius says. 

"Probably," I nod, dishing out breakfast onto four plates. I wave my wand to keep Remus and Regulus' breakfast fresh and warm before Sirius and I head through to the living room. 

We put on the tv and talk as we eat. 

Two owls fly in through the open window. I'm confused that it's more than one. Harry has no need to send letters, we received a letter from Rosalie just yesterday. So maybe one of the owls is delivering a letter from Leo, but I'm not sure what the other one could be about. 

As I guessed, one of the letters is from Leo, just the usual about school and how he's doing. And surprisingly the second owl is delivering a letter from Mary. I recognise her handwriting immediately as I rip open the envelope. 

"Who's that from?" Sirius questions, reading over Leo's letter. 

"Shh," I shush him and begin reading the letter. 

Dear Y/n, 
I know it's been a while since we've talked, and I'm sorry about that, but I'm going to be in England for a little while and I was wondering if you wanted to meet up. I've also contacted Marlene and Dorcas, so we could all maybe get together for lunch or something.
I completely understand if you don't want to, I know that we've drifted apart over the years, but I think it would be nice for us to hang out again. 
I'll hopefully see you soon, 
Mary. 

I let out a small sigh once I finish reading the letter. I've missed her. 

In the letter she also lists a phone number that I could call if I want to. 

"Y/n?" Sirius says questioningly. 

"It's Mary," I explain. "She's coming to England. Wanted to know if I wanted to meet up with her at some point." 

"Do you?" He asks. 

"Of course I do," I say. "She used to be one of my closest friends. I miss her." 

I stand up and walk through to the kitchen, the letter still in my hand. I dial her number and wait as it rings. 

"Hello?" Her voice through the phone brings a small smile to my face. 

"Hey Mary," I say. "It's Y/n." 

"Hi," She says. "It's so nice to hear your voice again. So, I assume you got the letter."