113 - The Ministry Sucks

I walk downstairs after having a shower and smile slightly when I see Remus sitting on the couch, him and Sirius deep into a conversation. We haven't seen Remus at all since he moved out to live with Tonks, which is fair, the ministry has been more anti-werewolf than before, so it's just as unsafe for Remus to be outside as it is for me to be. 

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask, joining them on the couch. 

"Tonks is pregnant," Sirius answers. "And Remus is completely freaking out about it." 

"I am not freaking out," Remus says. "I'm just- ugh, I don't know. It's just not a good time right now, you guys understand how scary having a baby is when there's a war going on. Plus, given what I am, I don't even want kids." 

"He's being stupid," Sirius whispers to me - loudly by the way, so Remus completely heard him. 

"I'm not being stupid, Sirius," Remus argues. "What if the baby is like me? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if someone else was going through the pain and suffering of being a werewolf because of me." 

"There's no proof that lycanthropy is genetic," I say. "The baby will likely be okay." 

"But even if they're not a werewolf, they still have to spend their life with a monster for a father." 

"For the billionth time, you're not a monster you dumbass," Sirius says, sounding fed up of the conversation. "You cry over sad books. You wear giant sweaters. You fold your fucking socks."

"Shut up," Remus mumbles. 

"Remus, really, you're an amazing person," I say softly. "That kid is going to love you so much. And if you keep calling yourself a monster, I'll throw the tv remote at your head." 

He tries to hold back a small smile, but fails. 

"This is still not great," He says, getting serious again. "The baby is still going to be born in the midst of a war." 

"Well we had kids in the middle of a war," Sirius says. "And they turned out okay." 

"Damn, only 'okay'?" Leo questions offendedly, walking into the room. 

"Yep," Sirius jokes. 

"Rude," Leo says, jokingly glaring at Sirius. Sirius glares back. "I personally think I'm a lot more than okay, I'm great. The greatest." 

"He is so much like Sirius," Remus whispers to me. I laugh quietly, nodding in agreement.

"Yes, but don't change the subject," I say. "You're going to be a great dad, no matter what your stupid brain tells you." 

He sighs. "Thank you. But I am still worried." 

"You know if you need any help or advice, we're here." 

He just nods slightly. 

~*Sirius' POV*~ 

I'm confused when one day there's a sharp knock on the door. I immediately get a bad feeling. I look over at Y/n, who is sitting beside me on the couch. No matter what, I need to keep her safe. 

"This probably isn't anything good," I mumble. 

Grabbing my wand, I stand up and approach the door. I look through the peep hole and see a few people, dressed up all businessy, I assume they're from the ministry. 

I sigh to myself, ignoring them when they knock on the door again. 

"You need to go," I say quickly to Y/n. "Go to Dorcas and Marlene's or something, just for a few hours."