77 - Regulus?

Regulus Black.

"No, it- it's not possible. The map is probably wrong." Sirius says quickly. 

"Sirius, you know the map is never wrong." Remus argues. 

"Wow, you two have a lot of faith in yourselves." I mumble sarcastically. 

"It's not possible. He's dead. He's dead, and therefore he cant be here." Sirius says and I go over and place my hand on his arm. 

"Sirius-" 

"This isn't happening," He mumbles, taking the map from Remus and looking at it closely. "We need to go and see if he's actually here." 

"Okay, but maybe just take a moment to calm down." I say softly. 

"I am calm." Sirius mutters angrily. 

"No, you're not. Just- can you just look at me for a second?" I ask and his eyes meet mine, his expression instantly softening. "Whatever happens, you know I'm here for you." 

"I know," He nods. "Thank you." 

"Alright, now lets go hunt down your brother apparently." 

Sirius, Remus and I swiftly walk through the halls, heading towards where the map says Regulus is. 

When we arrive in the hallway, we see nothing. The only thing around is a black cat, lounging by the window. 

"The map says he should be in front of us," Remus says. "Maybe you're right, maybe the map is wrong." 

"No, it's not." Sirius mumbles. 

I watch as he pulls out his wand. He quietly mutters a spell under his breath and the cat suddenly turns into Regulus. 

Sirius instantly storms towards his brother, whether in rage or happiness I cannot tell. 

"Sirius, I- I can explain, I-" Regulus stops talking when Sirius pulls him in for a hug. 

"I'm going to kill you later," Sirius says quietly. "I'm just happy your alive." 

I look over at Remus and see him looking around the map. 

"What's wrong?" I ask him. 

"I cant see Peter on here anymore." He says. Right, Peter, that's why we were here. Kinda got a bit side-tracked. 

"He'll probably be back soon," I say. "You should keep the map, tell us if you see anything and we'll get here as soon as we can. I think revenge may have to wait for another day anyways, there's more important things going on right now." 

"Guys, I hate to break up this reunion, but maybe we should head back to my office, I think it's kinda weird for adults to just be standing around in some school." Remus says to Sirius and Regulus. 

"Right, yeah, we should." Sirius nods. 

The walk back to Remus' office is silent, none of us knowing what to say in this situation. 

The silence doesn't disappear even when we arrive at Remus' office. 

"Where the hell have you been all this time?" Sirius exclaims suddenly. "Everyone thinks you're dead, what the fuck happened? And when did you become an animagus?" 

"Okay," Regulus sighs. "Look, after I became a Deatheater, I- I really regretted it, but there was no way out. So, I began trying to find a way to destroy the Dark Lord from within. I found out that he had split his soul into horcruxes and I intended to destroy them, but he became suspicious of me. I knew he was going to kill me, so I dedicated all my time to finding the horcruxes. I became an animagus around this time, it helped me sneak around, I could listen in to conversations easier, and it's what helped me make it out alive. Kreacher and I went to this cave, and there was a basin I had to drink a potion from. The potion was horrible, but I managed to order Kreacher away after taking the real horcrux and replacing it with a fake one. Then I transformed into my cat form, which made the effects of the potion more bearable. I managed to get away, fake my death, and all this time I've been working on trying to find more horcruxes. I only managed to find that one, but it's safe and I'm working on figuring out how to destroy it."